Medieval Fiction

Discussion in 'Medieval Boards' started by Loki the Demon, Dec 11, 2003.

1. Loki the Demon

Loki the Demon "Belgium, Man!"

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey people. Just wondered if anybody hear enjoys medieval fiction. If your interested in the middle ages it can be a great wya of learning how people behaved in medieval times, the kind of things they might have said, clothes they wore, things they ate etc, as well as reading a great story at the same time. Of course they can also me grossly innacurate as well. I recommend Catherine Jinks and Henry Treece as two very very good historical fiction writers. Catherine focuses mostly on Religious issues etc during crusader times, and in the later middle ages. Treece writes about vikings. (Whoo0, vikings) Another good author is Cynthia Harnette Writes about england in Wars of the roses period and just after. And yes, all these are childrens authors (except for a couple of Jink's books).
    mmm. Anyway. thoughts?
    suggestions?
    recommendations?

2. Lady_of_Shalott

Lady_of_Shalott Weaving the Magic Web

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    I love medieval fiction. My recommendation would have to be Gerland Morris. He does focus on King Arthur. etc., but it's really worth a read. He has five books: "The Squire's Tale", "The Squire, His Knight, and HIs Lady", "The Savage Damsel and the Dwarf", "Parfisfal's Page", and "The Ballad of Sir Dinadan". Most of them are also humorous.

I'll ahve to check out the Cynthia Harnette you were talking about. THe Wars of the Roses era is extremely interesting.

3. reem

reem Slaps forehead "Doh!"

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I never really focused on realistic mediaval fiction books, just anything se tbasically at that time whether it was fantasy/fiction. I think the closest thing to a 'realistic' medieval fiction book that I actually read was..what's its name...I think it was called The Forest or something like that. It was released just a few years back. Another one was Corpse Candle by (I think) Paul Doherty.
    I don't know if these count:)

4. boromir_the_ranger

boromir_the_ranger Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i love medieval stuff because u cant go fight wars with swords these days. so i want to so bad it would kick butt. and the books about it are awsome

Search tags for this page

henry treece medieval times

medieval fiction books