Master Replicas Force FX Lightsabers

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by LOTR Fan, Oct 8, 2004.

1. LOTR Fan

LOTR Fan Universals v. Particulars

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was considering the purchase of a Mace Windu MR FX saber - anyone have any thoughts on this? I am really only looking for those who already have this item, or the Vader Luke .

Thanks!

2. CB Swords

CB Swords Forum Administrator

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Re: Review of MR FX Sabers

I was disappointed that it wasn't longer than the others as it is in the movies, but otherwise it is a nice item.

These things are sturdy enough to fight with so long as you don't swing as hard as you can, the sound effects are great, and at night the only way you can't tell their real is that there are no sparks when you hit them together. Otherwise they just look and sound real. Its as close as you can get to a real lightsaber without knowing George Lucas.

The price is also pretty reasonable.

As for Mace's in particular. Its actually my favorite of the ones we sell. Just partial to purple and I like the handle design. They all use the same or similar components so the differences are comestic only.

Most of the FX lightsabers are being retired and are in short supply.

http://www.cbswords.com/product_info.php/cPath/31/products_id/174

3. Aragorn Elessar

Aragorn Elessar Envinyatar

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I have the Anakin Ep. II, Darth Vader and Luke Ep. VI FX lightsaber. The latter two are significantly smaller in size as compared to the Anakin one (it being the first). While the Luke and Anakin seem to be using pretty much the same circuits and LEDs in the blade (Luke's are more compact, of course), Vader's FX uses new electronics (so far as I can tell) and new LEDs in the blade. So the Vader one has the power-up and power-down "action" for the lighting up and turning off of the blade (the lights go up and down, instead of just being on or off, like the two other ones). I believe the new Luke Ep. V and Mace Ep. II also has the same function. On top of that, maybe it's just because of the LED's color, Vader's is by far the brightest among the three.

I wrote to MR when I first got my Vader and Luke asking them how come Luke's doesn't have the power-up and -down "action." They explained to me that because of the green color of Luke's blade, they couldn't use the same LEDs (and therefore electronics) as the Vader one. I'm not convinced, though the seem to have solved the issue, since the two new ones do have that function.

But in all, they're really nice and yes, truly reasonable prices.

4. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0

I saw the Mace Windu FX. And I compared it to the real replica. And they absolutely don't look alike. The shape is very different. The most of all lightsabers. The Anakin FX has been enlarged so much. I mean first I bought the Anakin FX which is already bigger than the Vader real replica and even bigger than the Vader FX. The size of the Vader FX isn't that differerent from the real replica. But the Anakin FX compared to the real Anakin replica. Major difference!!! I mean in the beginning I thought the size of the Anakin replica would be like Vader's just a little longer to make it more elegant like they said. But it is much smaller. The size of the Anakin FX and the real replica is so big. Hayden really has small hands if he fights with such a small saber. I didn't have the chance to compare Luke's FX to the real replica yet.

5. Aragorn Elessar

Aragorn Elessar Envinyatar

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

My brother bought the Mace Windu FX. The hilt is a bit bigger than I thought. The blade is not as bright as Vader's FX, which is by far the brightest among the FX lightsabers (we have all of them, Anakin's, Luke's, Vader's, Luke's ESB FX is not shipped yet, so don't know). There are some concentrated color along the blade of the lightsaber, so it looks like spots along the blade, while the others don't have this problem, but it might just be our Mace FX that has this defect. But otherwise this is a very nice FX lightsaber. But if you get it you'll have to be careful not to rub against the chrome parts of the hilt too often (where the on/off switch is), as that might rub off the chrome paint.

6. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0

To me is not just the size that matters, but the model. Luke's ep V FX, Vader's FX and Anakin's FX are only different on scale, they are bigger, but the model of Mace's FX and Luke's ep VI FX are modified so the electronics could fit in. It's that what holds me back in buying those FX's. Mace's real replica is much more elegant in shape than the FX version.

7. kcaj

kcaj New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I jusr received my Luke FOrce FX Lightsaber, and I have to say I'm pretty impressed.
    Power up and Down look better than I thought, and the durability of the blade was suprising too. Can take a pretty big hit, not too big though, Im sure it can crack.
    Only thing is the sound FX's are a little low, and do not respond at 100% when you swing it or idle in one position. But as far as Lightsabers out there go, this has it all, and for the best price.

8. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0

Of course it would, and for USD$350 as opposed to $120 I'd bloody well hope so too! But Anakin, the hilt-only replicas don't come with a light-up blade, and they only come with self-made sound effects :)

9. Darth Lars

Darth Lars Gandalf freak and SW fan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have the Anakin FX, and have seen the others in person.
    The Anakin AOTC and Luke ROTJ FX sabers use EL (electroluminescent) technology instead of LEDs. EL requires high voltage to light up, so there has to be a transformer (as in a "wall wart") in the hilt, beside the batteries, thus making it even bigger.

The Mace Windu AOTC FX blade looks spotty if you look close .. There are no purple LEDs, so there are blue and red ones in there instead.

The sounds are samples used in the movies, not continuous. You have to move the saber in a certain way to make the sound fit the movement. It will sound "woom" just if you shake it. The speakers are also very small, so the volume is quite low.

10. JKANDEY

JKANDEY New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Does anybody knows anything about green Luke FX lightsaber? In which way it's worse than Mace Windu lightsaber or Anakin blue lightsaber? In which way it's better that the others?
    Because I just want to know which lightsaber is the best, but anyway I want to buy green one. So can you tell me is it worse or better?

11. Vizion

Vizion Double Tapped

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I read in Star Wars Insider that there are updated versions of the FXs being released with smaller, more acurate hilts to accomodate the electronic devices that have been changed to fit in a smaller space. So maybe those will look better.

I have a question, what is the size of the .40 scale hilt replicas compared to the real size?

12. Turgon883

Turgon883 New Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0

mmm....it's exactly .40 of the real size....in other words...the components are made exactly a little less than half the size....so it holds it's true shape and asthetics....just smaller...personally i don't own one....but they seem nice....it's just that for me personally...i'd rather work extra hard...save up...and buy a 1:1 scale....hope that helps some....

13. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0

that's a better idea! I'm really proud to have them. But I just found one thing out! They made a big mistake with the Vader ep IV replica, and that pisses me off!

14. Lord Kenobi

Lord Kenobi The Negotiator

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

hey anakin you think they will make more Master Replicas FX lightsabers ?

15. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0

I'm sure they will!

16. CB Swords

CB Swords Forum Administrator

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

We'll be getting more Mace Windu's in in July, the final shipment of those. Also more Vaders and Anakins.

They did say they'd make a Darth Maul one day.

17. JKANDEY

JKANDEY New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So differense of new FX lightsabers just in smaller hilts? And also, which lightsaber has the most comfortable hilt?
    Do you think, they will make new Luke lightsaber? Or Qui-Gon's?

18. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0

Qui-Gon's is very difficult to make since it's very thing and has holes in it. They would really enlarge it double to stick closely to the model.

19. Lord Kenobi

Lord Kenobi The Negotiator

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

I wonder if they are gonna have a replica of boba fetts blaster rifle

20. Vizion

Vizion Double Tapped

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I believe they do have a replica of Fett's gun. I know I've seen one somewhere. But, it's not a rifle, its a carbine. :)

Search tags for this page

2005 master replicas lightsaber speaker replacement