Martin Playing Favorites??***SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'A Song of Ice and Fire' started by Numenor53, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Numenor53

Numenor53 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I got into a discussion with my brother who has read all three ASOIAF books, and he complains that Martin favors the Lannisters compared to every other House in the Story. He notes how the Starks, get dealt nothing but blow after blow, and yet the Lannisters seem to have all the answers to mostly every problem they face. Im just wondering if anyone else has the same opinion??

Last edited: Mar 31, 2005
  2. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I thought so at first, but after finishing a SOS I would have to disagree. They started off faster, the first couple of punches if you will, but at the end of the third book look where they're at. Tywin dead, Jaime missing his sword hand, Joffrey dead, Tyrion exiled (more then likely a price on his head in the near future). I would say as a whole the Lannister house is in a better position than the Starks, but realistically, there are other houses who have not suffered nearly as much (Tyrell). Cersei is in for a rough patch too, with her father dead and Jaime on the other side of the fence.

3. Turgon883

Turgon883 New Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    ****Possible Spoilers****

That's a very good point Turin....Also the starks aren't as bad off as might be first thought. Sansa and Arya are both still alive...With Arya heading to find jaqen...Bran and Rickon are both still living...Bran might have important later role...Catelyn is still alive and with the Brotherhood without Banners...And Jon Snow (I consider a Stark) is now Lord Commander of the Night's watch...Plus their is a chance that Benjen Stark may be heard from again...On a side note: It's really hard to say what will happen next...But I bet there will be some new houses joining the game of thrones...

4. Numenor53

Numenor53 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I agree with what you two posted, in fact that was my case exactly, but stubborn brothers never fail :knob:
    But isnt there a quote from Tyrion on how the Starks were gettin dealt blow after blow?? Ill try to find it and post it.