Market Place forum?

Discussion in 'Comments & Suggestions' started by Mathius, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Mathius

Mathius Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 2 / -0
    I haven't been here in a long time.. I honestly forgot about this place until I got the e-mail about the forum face lift.

Maybe I missed it, but I don't see a forum for buying and selling of fantasy merchandise, memorabilia, etc..

Are there any plans to add one, or has this been discussed? I would like to submit it as a suggestion if it has not already been brought up.

Maybe there could be a few forums... buying, selling, and perhaps one for just discussion where things can be bought, how you handle transactions, things of that nature.

• Like Like x 2
  2. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +470 / 3 / -0
    we've never been allowed to do that before, with CBSwords owning the place, since it would be in competition to the owner's business.
    not sure what the go will be now.

3. Mathius

Mathius Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 2 / -0
    I almost pm'ed them directly until I saw the suggestions forum. The thing is, if the forum is limited to used or second hand items, it's not really a competition unless CBSwords sells used items? (didn't see any on their web page). For example I have a few wall-hangers listed on craigslist right now that would be way easier to offload to a place that catered to people interested in that stuff. Also, I would be interested in starting a thread for people like me who are interested in the laws involved with shipping an item like this. (another reason I went to craigslist.)

Obvious vendors (legit business owners) selling new items would be competitors and would have to be handled as any situation where ToS has been violated, but this could also be used in CBSwords advantage as well if they were interested in that... legitimate new item vendors would be required to register as a sponsor. That way they're contributing to the cost of the web page. I mean I'm not pushing that option, but it IS an option I've seen on other web sites. These guys are going to be competitors in a lot of cases anyways, so harnessing that competition as a means to fund the site would only be giving them an advantage.

But honestly, going by the vendor/sponsors I've seen on other web sites (usually car or motorcycle sites), it usually comes down to a small company specializing in just a few items that you can't get anywhere else.

Anyways, I threw it out their as a suggestion.

Btw, how long has CBSwords owned the site? The e-mail I got about the facelift sounded like they had only recently taken over.

4. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +646 / 3 / -1
    CB Swords are the former owners of the forum - its now owned by Forum Foundry (many of the stickies and such are still being updated by admin).

As for a buy and sell section we can consider it, but it might be some time, there are a fair few technical areas that are still being worked on in the background and adjusting many existing categories and such to go as well. Will keep it in mind about a buy and sell section for second hand goods.

5. Mathius

Mathius Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 2 / -0