Major Star Wars Ep 3 Spoilers!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Arwen, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Arwen

Arwen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    From Ain't It Cool News:

Some lucky SOB has seen REVENGE OF THE SITH! Spoilers, green farts and details galore!!!
    Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with a link over to the good ol' TheForce.Net message boards. It seems TFN's own Josh Griffith has seen a rough cut of Episode 3 and will be posting his review Nov. 1st. Now, on this one I'm letting Harry fill me in on the non-spoiler details... I myself haven't clicked over because I really, really want to know as little as possible about ROTS before I see it. I'm hoping Lucas knocks it outta the park, but I've been stung twice before. I'm hoping that some of my disappointment of the first two prequels stems from knowing almost the whole story before seeing the film. I think I already know too much about Episode 3. My way of thinking is this film, Episode 3, is THE reason to make a prequel trilogy. If he gets this one right, I can forgive the two lackluster prequels. I'd rather a brilliant Episode 3 and flawed Episodes 1 & 2 than brilliant Episodes 1 & 2 and a disappointing Episode 3, if you know what I mean.

I'm told that the TFN's message boards have some real spoilers, so tread carefully or crash on through if you dig that sort of thing. I'll wait for the trailer on THE INCREDIBLES next week for my fix.

Before I hit you with the link over to TFN, I'd like to mention a pair of non-spoilerish bits of info that I've heard is contained in the following link. It seems that Lucas has 2 version of ROTS. A PG version and a PG-13 version, which is what Josh Griffith saw. Now, knowing Lucas we'll see the PG version in theaters and on our first DVD... then in a couple years here comes the "harder" special edition of REVENGE OF THE SITH! Now, that last part is pure speculation on my part, but it sure fits Lucas' track record, don't it? And, apparently, Yoda farts... sigh... Why not go in and add him crapping his pants in EMPIRE STRIKES BACK or add a ripping fart when he dies in JEDI. If you're going to make him a joke, why not go all the way? There you have it for you who don't want massive, massive spoilers.
    Anyway, here's the link over to the good stuff. Enjoy while I sit here trying to double cross my fingers until May.

Spoiler link:

http://boards.theforce.net/Revenge_of_the_Sith_(Spoilers_Allowed)/b10331/17297520/?190

source: http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=18690

2. kartaron

kartaron Hunter / Gatherer

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I was just about to post that too...

Allow me to add a word of caution: AICN has had faulty news about Star Wars in the past I am a little curious that there is even a rough cut more than 5 months away from the release of this film given that the movies are 95%CG. I am not reading the review because I dont want to know the details if it is true.

3. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    The stuff that is getting leaked out just sounds more and more and more positive as time goes on. Let's hope ol' George really has done as good a job with it as all the spy reports are saying. Ep3 kicks some serious butt, I think he'll be universally forgiven for the disappointing first 2 prequels, because as Peter Jackson said about the Return of the King - the 3rd movie is why you made the first 2. That's where all the best stuff is and it's the director's favourite.

Fingers really crossed this time, don't let us down George....

4. EHmasterJedi

EHmasterJedi Jedi Master

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    rough cuts have been made without CG

5. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Okay, I only read part of it......but why does Yoda fart ? Seriously ? :rolleyes:

6. jeremiah.l.burns

jeremiah.l.burns Callo

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I won't be spoiling it for myself by going to the link...but on the Yoda bit...well...let's just say I'm not holding my breath on that. No pun intended. But I can't see Lucas turning one of the most beloved, reverent, heralded creatures he's ever come up with into a giant joke. Especially after Yoda hit his prime in Ep. II. I mean, c'mon. We all learned you don't screw with Yoda.

7. Vandral

Vandral Dark One Reborn

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I'm pumped about ROTS, but I also don't want to spoil it for myself. I'm disappointed in hearing of this lame fart joke, and I hope that it's not true, or that Lucas will take it out.

8. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    Yeah, Lucas has the knack with this prequel trilogy of doing some really cool stuff, then making an absolute balls-up of a scene or dialogue and undoing all the good work! Making Yoda fart will somewhat detract from his awesome duel and kick-ass Force powers.

9. jeremiah.l.burns

jeremiah.l.burns Callo

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Again, I woudn't be overly concerned just yet. I'll remind people of the n*sync rumors for Ep. II?