lotr posters, how to tell real n fake?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by noelchiew, May 3, 2004.

1. noelchiew

noelchiew New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    does anybody out there who knows how to tell if a poster is a so called original print or a reprint? are there any wordings/codes at the bottom that are tell tale signs? i've seen so many posters of various sizes and some are single sided, some double sided. some had these prints stating from gbposters.com etc...

any poster experts here?

2. Aenónar

Aenónar Elf of Arda Tauréndor

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I've never seen a double-sided LOTR poster.......

3. dwarf tosser

dwarf tosser "What the Deuce?"

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  4. noelchiew

noelchiew New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    no one has answered my question directly yet? how do you know a poster is an original?

5. Cjg

Cjg New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a parchment map of Middle Earth and a panoramoric poster of Mordor that have gbposters.com printed on them. I have no idea ide if their original. I just liked them and haven't seen them sold anywhere but where I got them.

I would relly like to find a poster of Legolas with his fighting knives. All the posters of Legolas I can find are either close-ups, him with his bow, or with a rohan sword. I might just have to take a still shot off my DVD and have it blown up.

6. noelchiew

noelchiew New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i recently found out that gbposters' posters are reprints. well, i heard from someone that the reprint posters usually have the company's name printed below else the quality of paper sometimes is different. originals usually have like printed in usa or something like that. that's all i know. still dont really know much.

7. Dalleron

Dalleron New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i believe a real movie poster has whatever on one side and the other is like a mirror image cuz you can sorta see through it, or that it has no backside to it. Do you follow? It may sound confusing.

8. Elf_Lover

Elf_Lover New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Even if I knew that a LotR poster I bought was a fake, if I loved it enough it wouldn't matter to me either way.
    But I know where you are coming from. Who wants a fake when they can have the genuine article? If I were you and wanted to be extra careful, I would be mindful as to where I purchased them. Certain places online would not be trustworthy since you can't exactly hold the poster up and look at it. Being there when you buy it would be your best bet. Then you'll be able to see it in its entirety and decide for yourself if anything seems suspicious.

9. noelchiew

noelchiew New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeh i know what you mean. those are double sided posters. but there are original single sided ones also.

10. noelchiew

noelchiew New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeh i know what you mean. those are double sided posters. but there are original single sided ones also.

that would be the best of course but there isnt much stores over here that sells the posters. and for those stores that do, their variety isnt much. i can find many other posters that i like online.

sorry mods, i didnt know that my post would duplicate. not on purpose.

Search tags for this page

how to tell if a poster is fake