LoTR Collectibles

Discussion in 'Lord of the Rings Collectibles' started by aini, Sep 30, 2004.

1. aini

aini Elenya

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I just received the new catalogue today from the UK supplier that I get all my LoTR swords and collectible things from.

And there were a few new additions that really caught my eye including:

* minature Hadhafang added to the minatures collection

* lots of new pieces of LoTR jewellery, that I won't bore the guys on the Forum with (but PM me if you're interested);

*pictures of Gimli's Battle Axe - with details that the Walking axe and Bearded axe (?) are due out Spring 2005

etc. etc.

But I remembered there being a lot posted on the Forum a while ago about whether or not a replica of the phial that Galadriel gave to Frodo was being reproduced. Check out the picture below ... it's been done ... and it's rather beautiful ...!

Attached Files:

2. LOTR Fan

LOTR Fan Universals v. Particulars

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looks good, but I read on another forum that it is made of plastic (if that is the NC version)! I don't know that I would spend the money for a plastic bottle, that again, according to that other source - doesn't have anything inside (no liquid!). Just me though!

3. aini

aini Elenya

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I checked the catalogue and the site ... nothing said about material so I don't know.

Speaking of material ...

I'm quite taken with the 'elven cloak fabric' rabbits that they've made for people to buy. Why have an elven scarf when you could have a bunny instead!?* (it's been a v long day ...)

Attached Files:

4. HybridK03

HybridK03 KID A

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have the Phial. It doesn't look like plastick to me, but I could be wrong. Whatever it is, it looks good.

5. GALADRIAL

GALADRIAL New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I do have the Phial and it is from NC. It looks like, feels like and almost is plastic! Actually it's lucite which is next door to plastic. It does not have liquid inside. It comes in a wooden box that has Lord of the Rings printed on the outside. The stand is the only thing that's kinda nice about it. For 75 +S&H they could've made it from glass or even better crystal. If you're looking at the catalog from NC, it really doesn't represent what it actually looks like in your hand :eatshit: My advice is to SAVE your money on this one. Maybe a better one will come along......but if you have money to throw-away.....

Last edited: Oct 20, 2004