Looking for wizard fantasy series possibly from 80s or early 90s

Discussion in 'General Books' started by Lord_Zelo, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Lord_Zelo

Lord_Zelo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Let me start by saying this is not Harry Potter, Earthsea, Shannara or Charlie Bone. I've searched high and low and have been unable to find anything about the books I am looking for.

About 15 years ago I read the first book in what I know was a series of books about a boy wizard. What I can remember about the book I read was that the boy either goes to a wizards school or becomes an apprentice to a wizard and begins training in some type of school. I remember there at the school the boy having a hard time learning how to light a candle with magic while other students can do it easily. The boy learns for a time and then goes off on some type of adventure.

I remember the book being hardback and the color of it being a pastel orange I think, along with the other books in the series being other pastel colors. I don't remember what the picture on the front of the book looked like, but I am pretty sure it had one.

I've been so desperate to find these books that I even contacted the elementary school I attended as a child to find the books but they have rotated books in the library 2 or 3 times since then.

ANY help would be VERY much appreciated. I'm desperate here, throw a guy a bone.

By the way, greetings to all, this forum looks like a lot of fun.
  2. Kudd

Kudd New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm...

Magician: Apperntice
    Magician: Master

(Was one book, now is 2)

Raymond E. Fiest

"It is the first book of the Riftwar Saga and was published in 1982" -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magician_(novel)
  3. Lord_Zelo

Lord_Zelo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice, that is Very close to what I am looking for. I'll get a copy and give it a read and let you know if this is the one. Thanks! I appreciate it!
  4. Lord_Zelo

Lord_Zelo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunatly, the Riftware Saga aren't the books I'm looking for. I finished reading Apprentice and now I'm about halfway through Master. Good series so far, I think I may just have to read it. Alas, my search continues for the long lost books of my childhood.