looking for a specific kind of fantasy novel

Discussion in 'General Books' started by Shimmer, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Shimmer

Shimmer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I was curious if anyone has ever read any books, where the focus is mostly on two characters, preferably female/male. I actually just played the Hunted: Demon's Forge game and I liked the way they developed those two specific characters, so I was looking for something kind of like that. The girl was an elf, the male was a human. I remember reading some stuff like Dragonlance, where there was Huma and Kaz, but not looking for stuff like that. More like what I described. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd deeply appreciate it.

2. Carmen King

Carmen King New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi
    I just found a new book that may just be what you're looking for.
    Energy by MJ Schutte.
    Apparently it's his first book but there are plans for a second and maybe a third.
    (Sent him a email using his website and he actually answered!)
    It's a refreshing new spin on magic, read this quote from the book:
    ‘Everyone knows magicians only exist in bedtime stories designed to scare little children. No, I’m not a magician or a sorcerer or a warlock or any of those mythical things. I am something much worse’
    I can't tell you more without spoiling it (I hate it when people do that), just that it's worth the read!!

3. MitJD

MitJD New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind. It has a lot of magic. It focuses on a young man named Richard and a young lady named Kahlan. A wizard, Zedd, is also focused on, but not as much as Richard and Kahlan. I can't tell you that much without spoiling.

4. Arqueiroarcano

Arqueiroarcano New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    When I read it I just think about Licia Troisi! The chronichles of the emerged world and the wars of the emerged world are mostly like that.
    In the first trilogy you have Nihal (who is the main protagonist) and Senar (who is the second protagonist).
    In the second trilogy you also have a a young woman and a young man, i dont remember the names, I actually only read the first book of the 2nd trilogy...
    But you really should ready the chronicles of the emerged world, it's very good! Licia Troisi writes very well!