Limited Vs. Non-Limited Anduril

Discussion in 'Fantasy Weapons and Armour' started by maleman, Dec 21, 2003.

1. Aragorn II

Aragorn II New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ariel, don't be paranoid. Remember that this forum is a highly censored advertising tool for one distributer of the Unitied Cutlery Lord of the Rings line. I appreciate that since it is their house, they can make the rules, even if it chafes a bit sometimes. But it does help to create a climate of fear in dealing with anyone else but the sponsor of this site. One must be careful and vigilant in dealing with other sources of these products, because there ARE counterfeit knock-offs out there, but that is your duty as a smart consumer. I will compliment BBB on how they help their customers with quality control issues, I fortunately have never had cause to want to return a UC product. With all the problems that seem to have cropped up as off late, perhaps UC themselves needs to be a bit more vigilant on this issue? I've always regarded UC as a quality manufactuer and I applaud their holding back the Elven knife and LWD until they were done right, rather than just releasing items that were "good enough" Waiting for them is a bit tougher! :D Shop wisely and shop informed! :banana:

2. Skyanide

Skyanide The Big Meanie Staff Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    While I don't particularly like having to editing out links to other sites, there are ground rules to posting here made by the people who own and run this site. Nobody should have to hold your hand and edit your posts for you.

As a moderator, I am doing my duty to uphold the rules as they are set out. Whether I buy from BbB or not, which I don't. Personally, I was already dealing with a certain other supplier before I came to this forum, and they have been good to me, so until that situation changes, I'm loyal to them.

But I can appreciate the level of service that Blades By Brown provides.

"Highly censored" is a relative term. How censored are the forums that are supported by other LOTR sword vendors? Hmmmmm.... OK.... Well, I GUESS that there aren't any others. Every vendor out there has the ability to support their own forum. Well THEY DON'T. That way, they can pocket their proceeds. And then you can come here in turn and complain about why BbB doesn't want to give free advertising for someone else.:mad:

No one is forcing you to post here. The only stipuations is that you don't link to competitor's sites.

Climate of fear? No. The #1 rule of buying ANYTHING in life is to do your research. Make an informed decision. The research is easy. Are the products licensed? In their advertisements? Logos? Will they answer your emails? Recommendations?

The biggest problem is, most people just look at the price tag. Well, guess what? Each vendor pays roughly the same price from UC for the wholesale sword. There's only so low they can go before there's no profit. So when you see that "Stank, Sword of Frito" on a certain online auction site for $30, if you think it's the real deal then you shouldn't hold a toothpick, let alone a sword; because you're probably stupid enough to put your eye out with it.[/rant]

Skyanide
    W&A Moderator

3. finrod

finrod Born to woe.

Trapped in my own dungeon together with a smelly h
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ''stank, sword of frito'' hmm sounds nice.

what are the chances Kit?

4. Aragorn II

Aragorn II New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sky,
    I don't consider my post a complaint, more of a case of calling a spade a spade. As a moderator, your job is to enforce the rules of the forum, no problem there. I fully agree that BBB has the right to make the rules on their sponsored site and you actually reiterated several of my points of shopping wisely and shopping informed. But in the case of censorship, I know that I censor myself in what I post because I know it's against the house rules. It's an unfortunate reality that the free flow of information is restricted here for commercial reasons, which again I agree is whithin BB's rights as sponsor. but let's not pretend that it doesn't happen or why it happens. I do believe it's disengenuous to try tototally disregard price as a factor in where one shops tho. A difference of up to $50 or more per sword(for a UC product of course) in a collection that can (hopefully!) number in ten or twenty items is not easily put aside, nor should it be when considering where to purchase. It's not a complaint, just being a smart consumer. As a smart consumer, I use this forum to help me make informed decisions as to where and when I purchase, but I do take the information with a grain of salt and an awareness of the editorial slant of the site.

5. zul

zul New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I dont feel bad at all about the situation of this forum and BBB. In fact i am one to despise being treated as a "consumer whore" and being manhandled by merchants to just get a purchase. But that is definitly not the case here. I have never been pressured to purchase from BBB, nor have i been riduculed or treated badly by saying i have purchased from other retailers. But as the forum is supported by BBB, it only maks sense they dont want people spouting off advertisements to other sites. The limit of this "cencorship" is that you dont post the name or link to any other retailer in a public comment, which in my mind makes perfect sense. They have said on several occasions that if you would like to give links and stuff to people that it be handled through PM's which is fine. And i dont feel any sort of environment of fear or editorial slant at all, thats just silly.

6. Irish Ranger

Irish Ranger New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i have got the limited edition of Anduril and i have to say that i am very very happy with it, it is everything that i thought it would be.

7. swordsman

swordsman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Guys please listen up. Unless the swords ae in these merchants hands yes be paronoid as hell.

Search tags for this page
anduril editions
anduril limited

anduril limited edition

anduril limited edition sword
anduril limited edition united
anduril limited edition united cutlery
anduril united cutlery limited edition
buy limited edition anduril sword
limited edition anduril
limited edition anduril sword
limited edition anduril sword replica