Limited Edition Shards of Narsil Numbering Question

Discussion in 'Lord of the Rings Collectibles' started by IthalionRandir, Nov 12, 2015.

1. IthalionRandir

IthalionRandir New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey, so, I am looking at buying the Limited Edition Shards of Narsil. There's two currently that I'm looking at. One is a a bit cheaper but it has a higher number out of the 5000 made (4000-something out of the 5000). The second one is more expensive but the number is "835" out of the 5000.

Does that numbering matter at all? Is it more valuable if it has a lower number (i.e. Made earlier?)

Thanks!

2. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +646 / 3 / -1
    I can't say if there is any production or manufacture difference in the products - might be best to contact the creators as they'd clearly know if there were any production changes between different production batches.

Another option would be to look for imperfections/weakness of metal or complaints online and see if there was a shift in the production that improved or introduced weakness/issues.

Otherwies it could just be that earlier production runs cost more because of being produced earlier (much like a first run of a book oft gains more value even if its identical to a latter print edition