Lightsaber Dueling

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Darth Qui-gon, Mar 2, 2006.

?

Who is the best at useing the lightsaber

1. Obi-wan Kenobi

20.0%
  2. Qui-gon Jinn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Darth Maul

12.5%
  4. Anakin Skywalker (Jedi)

5.0%
  5. Darth Vader

7.5%
  6. Yoda

30.0%
  7. Mace Windu

17.5%
  8. Other

7.5%
  1. Darth Qui-gon

Darth Qui-gon Man its good to be back

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

Yeah but obi-wan was pissed and he used his anger in the end part of that fight, thats how i believe he was able to win, by useing his anger

2. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    That's called catching someone off-guard...if you can't forsee that as a Jedi...well it doesn't say much good...admit it...I have my respect for Qui-Gon but the only thing I saw him defeating were lame battle droids. He had to flee from the first fight with Maul on Tatooine while Maul was only using one blade...and he was exhausting if you hear him breathing on the ship, cause Maul was really going for it.

3. Darth Qui-gon

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    yeah very true, but thats the thing qui-gon did forsee that maul would kill him, thats why i think he fled the first meeting. and thats why he meditated while they were seperated in the second battle, so that he would become immortal through the force when he died. and thats why he fled in the first battle because he didnt get a chance to make himself one with the force

4. Darth Qui-gon

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    at least that is my belief on what happened

5. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    You don't have to meditate to become one with the Force. He wanted to meditate to gain strenght and to become at peace. Qui-Gon found the secret of eternal life while he was already joined with the Force, so that isn't what he was meditating for.

6. Darth Qui-gon

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    close enough, lol to become at peace with his death, it was close to what i was saying, lol

7. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    sorry again, but he wasn't meditating to become at peace with his dead...while fighting a Jedi must be at peace...if not you are getting close to the Dark Side, look at Obi-Wan...he wasn't meditating and he used the Dark Side to fight Maul, he was certainly not at peace when his master was killed which almost caused his own death.

8. Darth Qui-gon

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    ah, well, i thought i knew something, lol

9. SunBane

SunBane New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I must say that the best lightsaber duelist I've ever seen was General Greivous in Clone Wars, NOT in SWIII. I blame Lucas for making Grievous a pansy who sucked at lightsaber fighting and was about to cough up a lung, cause in Clone Wars, he would've most definitely pwned Obi Wan :p

10. §oul Bane

§oul Bane Active Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Well this is a bit of a situation, the title reads 'lightsaber dueling' which involves a person fighing an opponent. The question of the pole, however, reads 'Who is the best at useing the lightsaber' which could be one person using the lightsaber. I am going to go with the pole question. I think the person best at using the lightsaber was Maul. Handling a dual-bladed saber effectively is no easy feat, especially against two people. It seems he is the best...but whatever.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2006
  11. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    For those who haven't seen all of the short animated Clone Wars episodes that fill in the gap between The Clone Wars and Revenge of the Sith, a fully intact, healthy, not coughing up a lung General Grievous is shown killing several Jedi without even breaking a robo-sweat. If my memory serves correctly, in the very last episode he comes across Mace WIndu. Windu is The Man, so Greivous jumps aboard his ship to fly away. As Grievous is fleeing, Mace does what can only be described as a Force "crush" on Grievous's chest, and that's when Grievous starts wheezing and coughing. I'm glad I found out why he sounded so sick in ROTS, I thought it was just another bad idea of George Lucas but now it makes sense.

I strongly recommend renting both series 1 and 2 of the Clone Wars animated series, they're only about 45 minutes all up for each series, but it fills in how Anakin got his facial scar, how he made the transition from punk padawan to more mature Jedi knight, how he still had some slips into the dark side, as well as more of Palpatine's scheming.

And it also shows some AWESOME action sequences showing Mace, Anakin, Obi-Wan and Yoda which may affect your voting on who is the best with the saber :)

12. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    wrong...you see Anakin returning home and you see his scar, but they don't show you how. That happened in the comic series "republic" with a fight with Asajj Ventress. People also forget that he has three scars (or you could see them as two) One at his eye and two on his cheek. You can see it very well when Anakin is talking in the theater to Palpatine.

13. SunBane

SunBane New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    @Mububban - I didn't see that episode :eek: No wonder he sucks at lightsaber dueling in SWIII, he's pretty much dieing throuout the movie. And yes, Mace is AMAZING in Clone Wars. But Anakin is right, they don't show how Anakin he got the scar. In fact, I think I remember the scene when Padme asks him about the scar and he says something like "It's nothing".

14. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    Mace is always amazing! he was killed by being betrayed by anakin

15. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    Hmm, dodgy memory. I thought he got a nick on the face when he was fighting the Sith woman with the two sabers. Oh well.

16. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Actually they don't say nothing at all. Padmé touches his face, and he gives indeed a look like "it's nothing" or "pls don't touch it" lol
    You're not the first one who thought he got the scar then, Mububban. That was his first duel with Assaj Ventress, it's in the second duel on Coruscant where she treatens to kill Padmé that Anakin gets the scar. I thought I posted a picture about it somewhere...

17. Winterine

Winterine Ranger-Bard

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Count Dooku, in my books *grin* (Why do people keep not putting his name in polls all the time? I can't be the only one who thought he was cool!)

I would have voted for Obi-Wan or Yoda possibly until I saw the "Other" option.

18. Wing Rider

Wing Rider Psychotic Cybernetica

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Yoda, of course. Have you any idea of how difficult it is to wield a weapon that is three times as big as you are? That takes skill!

19. lewy

lewy Lewy the lethal lunatic!

In the darkest valleys of death and despair...
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    not joda, he might be the best force-user, but there are better saber-fighter than him! i woted darth maul, but i ment obi-wan.... sorry!!

20. lewy

lewy Lewy the lethal lunatic!

In the darkest valleys of death and despair...
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    meaning sabREfighter, of course...