Lightsaber Dueling

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Darth Qui-gon, Mar 2, 2006.

?

Who is the best at useing the lightsaber

1. Obi-wan Kenobi

20.0%
  2. Qui-gon Jinn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Darth Maul

12.5%
  4. Anakin Skywalker (Jedi)

5.0%
  5. Darth Vader

7.5%
  6. Yoda

30.0%
  7. Mace Windu

17.5%
  8. Other

7.5%
  1. Darth Qui-gon

Darth Qui-gon Man its good to be back

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Who is the Best at useing the lightsaber??

2. Darth Qui-gon

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I chose Mace Windu because his fighting style makes me use the other person's attacks against them. Thats why he was able to beat Palp. without much trouble.

3. Darth Qui-gon

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry i ment to say "Makes him use" not "makes me use"

4. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    I would say Yoda, but I voted for Anakin. Obi-Wan said he was almost getting as good as Yoda in ep II. In episode III he was a lot better. Nick Gillard also said that he was really impressed by Hayden's swordfighting and his training. Anakin got his butt kicked by Obi-Wan but Gillard said "Winning doesn't make you the best."

5. Galad

Galad Lord of The Light.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm am i sensing Bias towards Anakin?? ^^ i should have voted for mace because he is supposed to be the greatest fighter but in my opinion Yoda looked a whole lot better. BUT!!!.....Yoda's fighting style is far more flamboyant that Mace's and would just look better and also if he were in a battle he would be in a whole lot of trouble...if he fights like that then he is gonna run out of energy VERY fast.

6. Fox

Fox New Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I agree with you on one thing Anakin. I've always said it myself, winning does not make you better. There are many small things that affect the outcome of a battle, where even the most experienced of fighters could be beaten by a rookie.

But that's why I chose Obi Wan. I think Anakin would be better, and it was a hard choice, but I dont think Obi Wan gets enough credit. He beat Darth Maul, thrashed Grievous (yeah he used a blaster, but he did have 4 sabers. :rolleyes: ) and finally beat Anakin. He also has his downfalls as anyone else ie: Dooku (man, he cant seem to win with this guy) Jango Fett (sorta a draw, but he didnt really have a easy time) and finally Vader lol. So it's really hard to say, but I enjoy Obi's underdog-like character and he seems so confident and cool jumping into a battle. Only weak point... he let Vader kill him. But I won't go into that. :)

Anakin and Obi Wan are very similar in their variety in styles. Windu has a distinct style, as does Sidious, as does Dooku and Maul and Qui Gon. But Anakin and Obi Wan, though different in style, they seem to have the same number of moves at their disposal.

However, one reason I would choose Anakin over anyone else is the fact that he turns to the dark side, and cares not of abusing the dark side of the force. This is what makes sith more deadly than Jedi overall, because they dont hesitate. They will do anything to win. But perhaps it balances out, as it could also lead to their downfall? (Anakin jumping to Obi Wan... bad idea)

Well, I leave this thread very confused and rethinking what I said... :p

7. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    i said obi wan

8. LEGGY72489

LEGGY72489 Federal Agent

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    As some of you well know from previous SW thread's that I like obi-wan.

My choice is obviously Obi-wan

9. Roland

Roland Go Horse's Go

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I have to say Anakin.

10. Galad

Galad Lord of The Light.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i kinda wish i could take my vote back^^. I think Obi-Want has a very nice style of fighting but good ol' Samuel....ummmm.i mean Mace would own in any battle out there.

11. Darth Qui-gon

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, mace proved that he was better than yoda when he owned Sidious and yoda had all kinds of trouble with him

12. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    I don't agree: Sidious sensed Anakin was approaching, so he was faking a great part of the fight, while Yoda had to fight in an environment that gave him the disadvantage, but still he could keep up a longer fight than Mace and he didn't get killed. He just lost his lightsaber so fighting Sidious without it would be suicide.

13. LEGGY72489

LEGGY72489 Federal Agent

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    ^ I agree 100%

14. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    From watching the movies and the animated Clone Wars DVDs, I'd say Obi-Wan is arguably the best all round Jedi for any given situation. But Yoda is supposed to be the best, so I voted for him.

And as lame as it seemed with Yoda losing because he had a bad fall and Palpatine had a lucky fall, many battles have been won or lost throughout the ages due to terrain and good or poor footing. And luck!

15. Darth Qui-gon

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I always thought that Mace Windu was supposed to be the best with a lightsaber, but yeah you are right, Obi-wan is the best all around.

16. gnomelord0

gnomelord0 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm gona say Maul. If you think about it, he took on two Jedi and nearly won. He was realy showing off in the fight with the acrobatics, and I beleive that if he hadn't been toying with them he would have taken care of Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon with ease.

17. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    I don't think he was showing off or toying with them at all. The flips and acrobatics are just a part of his fighting style. Yoda's fighting style is very similar. The Force flows through them, giving their muscles extra strength and power etc, hence all the jumping around and flips.

18. Darth Qui-gon

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    yeah the fighting style Atreu, which was used by Qui-gon, maul, and yoda, is based on being able to do acrbatics and seem impossible. and they use the force greatly during there duels, but during the maul fight i believe that qui-gon switched and used a different fight style just because he didnt really use the force and he didnt do any acrobatics

19. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Maul set the fight up...so in strategy he is good, but his purpose was to divide them so he could take them on easy what he underestimated. I give him credit for defeating Qui-Gon. But I don't agree that he could take them down at the same time, that is why he divided them. But losing to a padawan is pretty weak altho Obi-Wan is skilled. If you look at the Sith Dooku is a better swordfighter than Maul...he defeated Obi-Wan who was more skilled then and Anakin who was one of the best swordfighting padawans if not the best padawn and he was using two swords. But Anakin defeated Dooku single in episode III, so yeah make your own conclusion who is the best of the three...

Last edited: Mar 29, 2006
  20. Darth Qui-gon

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I think that the maul killed qui-gon with a cheap shot, i know he is sith and all but come on, lol useing your handle to hit the other persons handle up and then stabing him, cheap shot