Life after Star Wars.....???

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Padmé, Nov 30, 2004.

1. jim1961

jim1961 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    So im wondering what introducing new characters is going to do to the continuity of things. I mean, if all these new characters die before episode IV, I guess it isnt relevant. But if this thing takes off, and these new characters become significant, isnt it going to throw a wrench into the timeline?

2. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Well I don't think the characters of the series will die or anything like that. We have no idea what the future plans of this series is going to be. I guess it depends on it's popularity. If/ When the series ends, it will probably just suggest where each of the characters go in terms of the timeline of the movies.

3. Foinikas

Foinikas Playing backgammon!

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    :rolleyes: I think civilization will manage to exist even after Star Wars.Yes...there is hope for mankind.

4. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    They are bringing out a Star Wars - Clone Wars animated film in cinema in September, which is actually the first three episodes of the new series.

5. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    It's officialy announced that the movie and the series will debut on the Cartoon Network in August. Further reading I learned Anakin Skywalker will have a padawan learner named Ahsoka. A girl of the same race of Shaak Ti, a Togruta. Here's a picture of both Anakin and his padawan. Strange move I must admit, but seems on the new footage that it will work out. She seems to be a feisty little one. lol

[​IMG]

6. Kelmourne

Kelmourne The Savage Hippy

A Pirate city in international cyberspace
    Ratings:
    +119 / 0 / -0
    If you want more Sci-Fi to devote your selves to, I say venture over to the verse of video games with such wonders as Halo and Mass Effect.

7. Anduril

Anduril Flame of the West

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Alas I have no XBOX 360. Otherwise, I'd love to play Mass Effect.

8. Blackness

Blackness Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Mass Effect is for PC too :p

9. Anduril

Anduril Flame of the West

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Yes, true, but my laptop is using a GMA X3100 which is a pitiful graphics card for 3d games. I doubt the game would even run.

10. Kelmourne

Kelmourne The Savage Hippy

A Pirate city in international cyberspace
    Ratings:
    +119 / 0 / -0
    get homeworld 2. Old enough that it might work. It's a 3D space RTS

11. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Me and Padmé went to 'Star Wars in Concert' today. And it was just fantastic. With the live-music. The giant screening and the lasers were a nice touch to the whole thing. It was a great experience. Expensive but it was definately worth it!

12. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Lucasfilm Animation announced today it is developing an all-new animated "Star Wars" series, focusing its efforts on the comedic aspects of the "galaxy far, far away." Featuring creative involvement from Seth Green and Matthew Senreich, creators and executive producers of the Emmy and Annie Award-winning "Robot Chicken," as well as writing from "The Daily Show's" Brendan Hay, the series will look at the Saga's characters with a playful and irreverent tone. The series will be produced by Daytime Emmy and Gemini Award-winner Jennifer Hill ("The Backyardigans"), and directed by Emmy-nominated Todd Grimes ("Back at the Barnyard").

"There are so many stories taking place in the Star Wars universe, and they don't all have to focus on the fate of the galaxy," said Grimes. "We're looking at Star Wars from a new perspective; this will be a glimpse at how the rest of the galaxy is affected by the events of the Saga. There's a lot of humor to be mined from that."

"The Star Wars universe is so dense and rich; it's crazy to think that there aren't normal, mundane everyday problems in a world so well-defined," said Green. "And it's even crazier to think of what those problems might be, since it's all set in a galaxy far, far away. What do these characters do when they're not overthrowing Empires?"

Said Senreich, "We're going to pull back the curtain of some of those behind-the-scenes shenanigans. It's going to appeal to all ages, the way Star Wars should -- but there'll be plenty buried under the surface, as well. As Obi-Wan might say, 'it all depends on your point of view'."

13. AlphaAlex

AlphaAlex Official Forum Nuisance

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -0
    hmm interesting.. it will either be a success or completely shite.

14. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure it will be a success, but whether it's going to interest me is another question. The Clone Wars animated series exceeded my expectations. I thought it was just going to be for children but it's much bigger than that. It's very loyal to the Original trilogy in concepts, while it shows Anakin as the cunning warrior Obi-Wan said he was in 'A New Hope'.

15. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Lol Star Wars lives on and how? Well by dances of course. (obviously!) And what kind of dancing. Just if you're interested (which I'm not sure you are, but still I'm posting this anyway...) these dances take place for a special event in Disney World for the new Star Tour attraction. So people dressed up as Star Wars characters will dance to the following. I just copied this from where I found out about these dances:

* "Grease is the word" that Chewie heard: Chewbacca, Han Solo and the Jawas put on their dancing shoes (except Chewbacca of course, who will be frantically moving his furry feet) and perform a tune from the 1978 hit movie-musical Grease. In fact, Rebel spies have provided initial intel that Chewbacca's fur will be fashioned into a 1950's pompadour hairstyle just for the occasion.

* "Nobody puts Leia in a corner:: Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia will go back to the 1980s with a dance number from the box-office hit Dirty Dancing.

* "Strike a pose, there's nothing to it": Some of the most famous females from the Star Wars saga -- including Queen Amidala, Ahsoka Tano, Zam Wessel and Aurra Sing -- will join forces for an ensemble dance number set to one of the biggest pop hits by the "material girl" herself, Madonna.

* King of Pop, or King of the Dark Side?: Returning by popular demand will be Darth Vader and his crew of dancing stormtroopers, cutting a rug (and no, not cutting it with a lightsaber) to a hit medley from the King of Pop, Michael Jackson. At previous "Hyperspace Hooplas," the Dark Lord has been known to even don a single, sequined glove as he channels the iconic music superstar.

Well who better to replace Michael Jackson than Darth Vader... It's only a logical choice....

16. wanderingmagus

wanderingmagus Constantly Around :D

Ratings:
    +248 / 1 / -0
    and then jar-jar..

17. Jingojolene

Jingojolene Wayfarer, heartlander

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    What about the Star Wars books, and the way that the movies have affected Sci-Fi today?
    I think that many people can still appreciate Star Wars, even if the massive hype has died down.

Just the same with Pirates of the Caribbean :(

18. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Imo the hype is still alive. Certainly with Celebration V. The coming of TFU II, The Clone Wars Season III and the announcement of Star Wars on BLU-RAY. They showed one deleted scene that will be on it:

19. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    The latest new boosted new life and excitement for Star Wars fans. Liam Neeson is going to return to Star Wars in the Clone Wars animated show as Qui-Gon Jinn. He's in a three episodes story-arc. So that should be very interesting. Well for me at least lol

20. bloodfiredeath

bloodfiredeath Die by the Sword

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Time for this to be put to bed...there needs to be closure.
    The idea has been raped enough, and its legacy tarnished as a result.
    People just need to realise things come to an end and enjoy re watching it on a regular basis, instead of clamouring for crappy rehashed exploitation of the original ideas.