Life after Star Wars.....???

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Padmé, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Nokom

Nokom New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    he said there would be no more when rotj came out too.there is planty more stuff to make movies from.Like i say u dont just stop when u can make money at something,.

2. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Well, yes he did say there would be no more, but if you're a Star Wars fan then you will know that making A New Hope nearly killed Lucas due to his condition, this was the reason he got other directors to do the next 2, but what people dont realise is that with those movies, Lucas had to re-shoot more than half of it himself as he was not happy, despite the fact that he had given the directors instructions to do so. But he still let them take the credit.

So after Jedi, he took more time off and more importantly, focused on being a father. When the technology of Jurassic Park came along, Lucas then began testing to make the prequels as he had ALWAYS intended to make the story of Anakin Skywalker. Was just exhaustion that changed that.

But he always said that the story of Star Wars, is the story of Anakin Skywalker, when he dies, so does the story. He once played with the idea of bringing Leia, Luke and Han etc back when they are older, having Luke as more of an Obi-Wan character from A New Hope, but it was just in joking, as he admitted there was no more of a story to tell.

The only stories lie in the spaces between films..... This is why there will be a TV series set between Episode III and IV

3. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    I don't think a TV serious after Ep VI would be a bad idea. I would like to see Luke being chased around by Mara Jade, the grey Jedi, and also the death of the ever hated Chewbacca :O

4. Nokom

Nokom New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i know more stories.after the films.and before then we could have a ep 0 and a ep 7 maybe.but like u say i am not sure.but if ur a fan u gota hope they will make 1

5. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Well the stories in the Expanded Universe, or what I like to call the Alternate Universe, were not written by Lucas, hence such a stupid name like Mara Jade, Lucas would never have created such a character, and in Lucas's view, Luke would never have married, as he was a Jedi. He always said he vision ed Luke when he's older as an Obi-Wan figure, a loner. So the reason there will be a TV series is cause that is the only possible time where something of importance happens. Also often in the EU things are written that contradict with the ACTUAL story. Take the resurrection of Palps, how then can Anakin be the chosen one. And remember before ROTJ there was a storyh in which Luke and Leia become lovers...... Thats how closely the writers work with Lucas. He may have allowed a EU, doesnt mean its valid.

6. Zanven

Zanven Cult Classic Connoisseur

Sitting In A Bunker, Here Behind My Wall.
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thats unlikely, the story is finished, but George Lucas would sell his own mother for a buck, so anything is possible.

7. lewy

lewy Lewy the lethal lunatic!

In the darkest valleys of death and despair...
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    star-wars will allways live in our hearts... and i have a feeling that we havent seen the last of star-wars jet...

8. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    That's a bad comparisson...George Lucas will stop making Star Wars films but that doesn't mean he'll stop making films....

9. Kahlan Amnell

Kahlan Amnell Mother Confessor

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    That is right the Episodes 1 - 3 do completed the story - and I must say I loved Episode 3. It is one of my favorites. I watched it again last night.

10. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    An ‘insider’ has told TMZ that Lucasfilm has started interwiewing writers to work on the upcoming live action Star Wars TV series, including some who have worked on the smash shows Lost and Heroes.

The upcoming series is set in the dark times between the conclusion of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and the events of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, a period when bounty hunters under the instruction of Darth Vader are hunting down and killing the few remaining Jedi, the Galactic Empire begins work on constructing the Death Star and the Rebel Alliance rallies support for resistance against the forces of darkness.

According to George Lucas, the live-action series is still ‘years away’ and ‘it’s one show that splits up into four shows and each show will deal with a different character’. Rick McCallum also recently reiterated that Lucas was planning the series to be over 100 hours in length, and that the entire character ensemble would be new to audiences.

11. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    McCallum and Lucas were recently in London meeting writers for the Star Wars live action TV series.

“We want to be able to take all this technology we’ve developed over the years and make it accessible to everybody and try to make each one of the episodes [of the live-action TV series] look like a major feature film with all the production values and visual effects that you would expect in a feature but do it for a television budget.”

“We’ve met a whole bunch of writers from literally all over the world – we have Australia left, that’s the last place we’re going to meet some people – we’re hoping to get a group of six or seven writers ready sometime between September and December to make the final choice and then we’ll start doing story outlines. As I said before, it’s a much darker, much more character-based series, much more adult, and we’re hoping that it will go on for up to 400 episodes.”

“I think if we can get [the live action Star Wars TV series] right, it’s something that can go on for years and years. One of the ideas is that we’ll have multiple series going on in about two or three year’s time.

“We’re definitely going back to Sydney to shoot [the live action TV series] and probably June of next year we’ll start casting for it…I’ve had three conceptual artists working on it now for about seven months.”

12. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Entertainment Weekly reports that George Lucas is coming to Los Angeles next week to meet with writers for Lucasfilm's upcoming live-action "Star Wars" series.

Lucas' plan is reportedly to recruit several freelancers - aka "writers of real significance" - to spend a week at the Skywalker Ranch in November to come up with story ideas for the series. Lucas has apparently indicated a desire to hire writers from other countries.

The writers would then disperse and write the 13 episodes that would be produced and financed by Lucas

13. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    I wonder what the next "big one" will be I mean Pirates if the Carribean 3 is gone, Star Wars gone, Harry Potter gone, LotR gone...what next?

(movie wise that its)

14. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    updates:

Live action:
    - Boba Fett will certainly be in the series and Rick wants Daniel Logan for the part.
    - The series will be on cable.
    - He will have a contract for 100 episodes and Rick hopes it will be extend to 400, maybe with Expanded Universe characters after the first 100.
    - So no EU character for "now" in the live action show. All the characters will be new ones.

The Clone Wars Animated Series:
    - The first season will have 21 episodes of 22 minutes. Steve Sansweet has already seen 6 of them.

Thanks to Guillaume and click here to see how this jives with the rumors we have been hearing.

UPDATE: Our buddy Guillaume sent in the following Star Wars Reunion 2 update taken from the French site starwars-universe.com:

Additional info for The Clone Wars animated series:
    - We will see more trailers once a TV network has been chosen
    - The series may be broadcast in many countries at the same time

Additional info for the live action series:
    - Six screen writers have been hired and will start work in November
    - McCallum hopes to have John Williams for the score but it is too early to tell
    - Every episode will have it's own original score (If I may editorialize for a moment: They better get John Williams working on that now. That's a heck of a lot of music for 100 episodes let alone 400. Just start writing cool sounding music. We're sure it will work)

Saga Box Set:
    - Lucasfilm is waiting to see who wins: HD DVD or Blue Ray.
    - The box set will have around 100 hours of documentaries about the 6 films. (wow, we are shooting for a hundred of everything at this point...sweet!)

Again, the source sites are in French so I'm going to have to take Guillaume's word for it on this one.

Thanks again to Guillaume for looking out!

UPDATE #2: Guillaume is looking out for us once again! See below fro more Rick McCallum tidbits from an interview at Allocine.com. Click here for the interview. (in French) You can also click here for a video with interview highlights.

See below for Guillaume's highlights from the interview:

"Live action show
    - Boba Fett will play a pivotal role in the series among the horde of bounty hunters.
    - The budget for an episode will be (that of) one of the usual American TV show (between 1,7 and 2 million dollars.) The challenge will be to produce a show in that budget and keep the quality of the movies.
    - The series will aim at a wide audience and not just the fans exclusively.

The Clone Wars (Animated)
    - The series will be a Saturday morning show aim for a young audience (8/10 years old) (Editorial note from Guillaume: This doesn't make any sense, George already state otherwise. But Rick indicates he doesn't work on the project, so...)
    - George is very happy and proud of the way this project is going forward..."

15. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    TheForce.net reports that this morning, Hasbro announced in their Fall 20007 Analyst Event that the upcoming "Star Wars" Clone Wars animated TV series will have a theatrical launch on August 8, 2008 and then on TV throughout the fall.

Lucasfilm, however, quickly countered, telling the site that nothing has been decided as far as the launch for the series.

"I'd like to clarify Hasbro comments this AM about the Clone Wars TV series," Lucasfilm said. "We see it as a breakthrough animated television series and are exploring a number of innovative ways to introduce it to the public. No decisions regarding release strategy have been made yet."

16. Rychos

Rychos What's Up, Doc?

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Star Wars will never die. It's too big for it. Like LotR and ST it will live on and on. There might be times where things are quiet, but I'm certain it'll be reborn some time again and surprise us all. Good stuff doesn't die. :)

17. Ravus

Ravus New Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Boba Fett will be in the tv show? this seems suddenly very worth watching :D i cant wait xD

18. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Yeah but with daniel logan playing it? Ive got a bad feeling about this.....

19. jim1961

jim1961 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    What time period does this take place in?

20. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    The Live-action series will take place between ep III and IV, though some speculate it will be closer to episode IV...