Lets start another RPG

Discussion in 'RPG Theme Suggestions' started by Crusader, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Senekha

Senekha <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    Where's she reusing them from? I don't recognize them.

2. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Over in the guild of fellowship:

This will be at least the third 'Val' :(

I assume yours is Naerenne KT, which seems new to me so that's fine.

3. Senekha

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    :p

Where are the other Vals from? Oh, and Emily came up with both names.

4. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    well that one I posted in fellowship, the scifi one. And the one before that was in PRG 12 the latest attempt at scifi there, I'm sure if I check about I'll find another two or three, em being that way.

Seriously girl, put some effort into it, or at least add more than 2 names into the hat you draw ideas from.

sheesh.

5. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    :D I'm RECYCLING! Honestly though, the biggest reason why I recycled that name was 1) I think I had a grand total of ONE post in the Guild of Fellowship's RPG, and 2) We never did much in RPG #12 either. Oh, and I like the name - and more importantly, it's a name that I like that I'll never use in my own writing. I absolutely refuse to recycle character names from my own writing anymore, because what I start associating with the RPG will inevitably taint the original character. So, basically, sorry, you're screwed.

Also, I love how everyone's calling KTQT KT now. lulz

And Sasha said she might join the RPG, or it's what she told me last night anyway.

@ KT: If you have to know, Nae came from this girl from kiSu who's widely known as a second Katina. lol

6. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    So you're reasoning for not creating a new name is because you don't want to reuse one form an original source?

EPIC FAIL, your reasoning is flawed because you ignore the basic creative approch; think up a new one! make up the crap out of one. I hate to think what your book is like if you can't even think up one more name.

So here is my ultimatum, you gave me an early copy of one of your works for safe keeping, either you make up a new name or I start using one of your character names from your original works. like it or not, your names will be tained.

Its not even hard at all here five easy fantasy names, feel free to take them.

Riensha
    Dsenye
    Marellis
    Tchiviau
    Yulldi

its that easy...

7. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    They're silly names. :( If I take out the Val, will you be satisfied? Ffs I never even got a CHANCE to write with Mz. Sunshine from the Guild's RPG.

Also don't even give me crap about names sir. You haven't even seen the extent of my worldbuilding. :( The version I gave you before is now being rewritten anywayyyyy.

Also, HOW THE HELL are you incapable of using "your" in your first sentence when you managed in your second? Fifteen points off. See me after class.

8. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Hey, admitted they were made up quickly, but Dsenye isn't bad, if you don't take it I might.

Besides miss sunshine already has associations in my mind, and probably others too, for me it harks back to that character no matter what, the same goes for the rest of the name (surname is fine). And AGAIN, for others and me, it evokes the film title. Change it or else.

I'm sure they're fine, I'm trying to goad you into THINKING UP A NEW ONE, once you have a new copy lemme see.

Trying to annoy you to death with bad grammEr that with drive you nut's and make you're brain hurt until you WRITE A NEW GODDAMN NAME.

also 'Val' is also a char in one of MY original works, so your making things annoying for me too with that.

9. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Hi.

I'm lazy.

pce out

10. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    If you're lazy use one of my alternatives or GTFO.

(seriously em, this is the writer in you at work? not trying to be original?)

11. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Been too busy playing this game

12. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Youtube quit in England = video not available.

Theres a complex political explanation, I assume there is some kind of copywritten music in the piece. so can't see it.

I thought up 5 names in 2 minutes and I live by the principal that you shouldn't take time thinking up new names, because that fits, people dont get to pick if a name sounds good or evokes something, they get stuck with it and the character grows to suit the name, not the other way round.

13. Senekha

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0

You made my character a KATINA?!!!!

Ok name change coming soon.

14. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    yours is fine sen, its just hers, please hit her KT till she changes it.

15. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Hahahahahahahaha. Nae =/= Katina. No one could try to be Katina even if she tried.

Obv. points of interest: gold necklace + Moo's report that David (from NRF) came to play with kiSu 'cause he thought Nae and not Moo was running. lol

16. Senekha

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    Ugh...still...hearing that it's named after a "second Katina" has just tainted it for me.

I'll rewrite the character post with new names.

17. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    AND ANOTHER victim of emily's horrible name plagues...

18. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    You don't even know who she is. :D

However, this works just fine for me. As long as KT's doing the work, I don't really care. pce

19. Senekha

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    Avrienne is Emily's and Korienne is mine.

I'll post sketches of them later tonight or tomorrow.

Names: Avrienne Santhen and Korienne Santhen
    Nicknames: Av/Kor (used only by close acquaintances), and Avrienne = “Vree” (only Kor is allowed to call her this). When they don’t wish to reveal their names, they go by the monikers Mistress (sometimes Miss) Sunshine and Mistress (never Miss) Midnight
    Weapons: Av has her magic and daggers, and Kor carries two bows (a longbow and a recurve) as well as a large hunting knife and two smaller knives.
    History:
    Avrienne and Korienne are identical twins, born of the Santhen lineage (at least maternally) in Rekethal. Their mother, Jakienne, was a mediocre runewitch who was devoted to helping small children. Their father was a criminal runewitch convicted of rape and murder – specifically the rape and later murder of Jakienne. He was also a powerful runewitch and a leader of a highly sought-after gang, all of them convicted of various crimes. At the time of the RPG, however, this is unknown.

Jakienne’s sister (who had always been jealous of Jakienne’s talents) deposited them at a minor branch of the Spiral, one of the most reputable schools. Feeling convinced that she had done her duty, she abandoned them to the Spiral (the school their mother graduated from). It would have been shocked and horrified her to learn that Avrienne, only a few years from graduating, had them expelled and hunted from the school.

When they were three, they witnessed a young boy whose spell backfired and incinerated him. After that, at four, Avrienne chose to pursue the path of a runewitch, following her parents’ footsteps. Kor chose instead to become an archer.

Obviously, Korienne could not be trained to fight at such a young age, and instead was trained to run and develop her strength. Avrienne was taught to write her runes in ink, but was forbidden from using her magic until she reached the age of thirteen. Both were trained to use knives, Kor so that she had an efficient close-quarter option (and thus more extensively than her sister), and Val for last-ditch defense, should her magic and her sister’s fighting fail them.

Avrienne learned quickly; she had learned and memorized forty-four runes by the time she had turned nineteen (faster than most runewitches), including four runes known only to the Spiral. However, her learning was cut short at twenty when the Spiral discovered that she had killed a man experimenting with a rune, and they were expelled. Before she could be brought to justice, both Avrienne and Korienne fled. However, the greatest crime (in the Spiral’s opinion) is that Val stole the scroll on which all the common runes were written in ink, another scroll containing the five Spiral runes, and several of the most ancient scrolls. Although most of the Spiral have convinced themselves that Valirenne will not be able to decipher the ancient signs to rediscover new runes, others are not so convinced, and have dedicated themselves to finding her.

Since then, they have traveled the land as homeless mercenaries for nine years; Av uses her talents to supplement her sister’s archery, and in turn, Kor protects her physically frailer sister. In those nine years, Av has mastered most of the common runes, but has yet to learn the last three out of a total of fifty-eight.

The sisters have no home, but rather travel and live a nomadic lifestyle, procuring what money they need through banditry or through hiring themselves out as mercenaries or assassins. They live off the land, with Kor hunting game and Avrienne procuring the necessary herbs and plants for their diets. They never stay in one place for more than a week. Along the coastal provinces of Rekethal, they are notoriously known.

At present, the sisters are traversing the coast, with no set goal in mind, simply following one whim to the next, whether it be looting a nobleman’s treasury or protecting a trade caravan.

Appearance:
    The lines of their faces are clear and clean, not blurred; they are delicately sharp-featured and not prominently. They have caramel skin and dark hair and eyes. (Think Middle Eastern.) They are not particularly tall, but not petite either.

Avrienne wears robes covered with the loose-flying silk strips of a runewitch, upon which are written her runes. She has hundreds of these strips, and they are sorted upon her clothing by means of runes…for example, she has a collection of fire runes on one hip, and some distance runes on her left (etc etc etc).

Kor wears practical woodsman’s clothing, with harnesses across her body that hold her bows and quivers.

Sketches of the twins are forthcoming….

Personality:
    Avrienne is the elder twin, and it shows; she is the leader, the more outspoken one. But for being identical twins, their personalities are almost opposites. Av is sunny and patient, whereas Kor is dour and often ill-tempered save with her sister. It is impossible to tell when Avrienne is angry, as she is always smiling, even when she is in the middle of killing someone. It is also as impossible to tell what she is thinking; her smiling face means nothing. Although Kor is as difficult to read, it is because she is expressionless.

Neither of them has a problem with killing. Although Kor refuses to shed the blood of children, Av has no conscience. Perhaps the eeriest thing is that she still smiles even when they scream. It is impossible to tell what she is thinking at those times. Neither of them have any sense of morality whatsoever.

Both of them are cunning and intelligent, but Avrienne relies more on logic and reasoning whereas Kor uses instinct (often propelled by her senses). However, Avrienne lives by the code of natural justice, and holds conventional justice in contempt. The strong live and the weak die, and the strong have the right to take anything from the weak by the right of their strength. She has been heard to say, “To be strong is to be just.” She believes that she should seek only her own pleasure, even at the expense of others.

(A quote from the character Callicles in the dialogue Gorgias: “How could a man prove to be happy if he’s enslaved to anyone at all? Rather, this is what’s admirable and just by nature – that the man who’ll live correctly ought [not to restrain] his own appetites.”)

Kor believes this to a certain extent, but she does not embrace this as her life’s philosophy as her twin does. She has been known to restrain Av’s sometimes-excessive killing.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  20. Senekha

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0