Let us talk of Pokemon

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Lord Yuan, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Lord Yuan

Lord Yuan Death-Thousand+

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    You can mix card sets I just mean the types of boosters and how fast they are released. And dueling in Magic?

2. Raraldor

Raraldor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    no I was talking about yugioh lol

3. Alchemist

Alchemist The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    i used to play the TCG. Not interested anymore,not because that its immature (hell I was playing when I was 20) but because just not interested, just like Magic, not interested anymore. I think I have about 1500 cards of the older set. Didn't like the new pokemon lol. So yeah...tried selling them on ebay..and failed.

4. ZionsRodeVos

ZionsRodeVos New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am wondering when a Pokemon card has damage as 20x and under it, the card says that the damage is 20 times the number of heads you get by flipping a coin. Does that mean that if you flip no heads the attack does no damage. Because that would be 20 times 0 the way I see it.

Are pokemanz and Jortart pokemon? Or something else. I have never been to a tournament but have learned that there are tournaments held near where I live. But I want to understand the rules better and am thinking to take my children to it if they show enough interest. My 9 and a half year old Liem and Willem (13) may be the only ones interested which is fine. The other two seem more interested in simply collecting and trading the cards. Although they have invented their own rules.

I do not like the Pokemon cards that say flip a coin and if tails then the attack does nothing and I like even less the cards that say my Pokemon takes damage when it attacks. Why do you think they created cards like this? Personally, I avoid those as there are plenty of other cards with attacks that don't hurt my own Pokemon and that always do damage when used.

5. volksmenner

volksmenner practitioner of æsthetics

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    i never played the card game but i did play the video game and damn i remember one summer, all i did was play pokemon gold version and at midnight i would turn on stadium 2 to get stuff from the mystery gift girl. awesomeness. i still have my red, gold and ruby versions with some pretty good pokemon. i have a rare bulbasaur which is probably my favorite. nintendo should have had pokemon online. oh well.

6. Mem

Mem Mosh Warrior

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    I still have this album.
    I was one of those kids that used to collect them,but had no f* idea what it meant. >.>

7. Lord Yuan

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    yes if you fail to get any heads in a (number)X roll it does 0 damage. Jorick was that flamer who I changed his name to be Jortart. Cards are created to damage your own Pokemon usually when the attack is already very powerful, its a way to balance it out. And the pokemon games on the DS can go wireless.

8. Furry Sparks

Furry Sparks New Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I have a ton of the cards, only actually played the game once or twice.

9. Lord Yuan

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Start playing it again so you have more to say than one sentence. Also more on the card damage thing, the 20X like attacks sometimes are actually quite good and if you want your kids to get into the game I recommend going to a Pokemon League first.

http://www.go-pokemon.com/op/premierevents/

Thats a link to the organized play site. You can look up leagues and tournaments in your area.