Legolas "White" Knives Scabbards

Discussion in 'Fantasy Weapons and Armour' started by elrond243, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Aragorn Elessar

Aragorn Elessar Envinyatar

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Really, why is this thread still here? I thought there's been more than a few threads on this topic?

But to stay on topic since I'm here now, I don't think PJ decides every single thing that every single character does. I would suppose that the people who designed the look of the characters and the fighting styles and whatever weapons they use that came up with the idea of double knives, and PJ simply gave them a few directions where they could go, and approved what they came up with afterwards.

And Cjg, whether you meant to or not, your posts here in this thread do have a very arrogant and intimidating feel to it, maybe you can use some lighter language? Just a thought from what I read in the thread, and I'm not a mod so I'll say no more! :)

2. Cjg

Cjg New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You're right, Arogorn Elessar. I gave Peter Jackson too much credit. I don't know what I was thinking.

That's the first time someone said I was intimidating. Thanks. But, I am not arrogant I'm presumptious. I don't think I'm superior to you or anybody on this forum. I make accusations based on the info I have, which is not a lot because i can't get the whole truth from people(at UC or Sideshow/Weta). I can't accept things at face value like some of you. I need complete answers. That's why I joined this forum. I thought if I could have discussions here and hear all the sides of the story that you guys could help me find answers to my questions.

I will try and tone it down a bit, but if someone asks a question I'm gonna give a truthful answer. Sometimes the truth hurts.

3. Aragorn Elessar

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I know I said I'll say no more, but I'll just add this...

I know you don't mean to convey the idea that you're better than any one, and that wasn't what I meant.

But surely there're better ways in showing what you have to say, and surely there's no need to give a reply here in the form of accusations, or to make one. You want answers here, and that's also what others are looking for, and you can just tell them what you know, instead of "making accusations." Your tone sounds as though others who ask questions are idiots, and I think that's the attitude that Swordsman is talking about.

And this is a discussion forum, sure a lot of people here has a lot of knowledge on the topics discussed, but I won't assume this forum to be the enclyopeadia for everything that we want to know on the topics discussed.

And really, I don't think there's any "truth" or facts or information that we would give here could, or should, hurt (afterall this is called The Fantasy Forum, and this is the LOTR Weapons and Armoury section).

OK I really will say no more, I've veered from the topic of the thread enough as is, and I really should have done this with PM.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2004
  4. Doombringer

Doombringer The End of All Things

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No matter what the fans called them, UC is using artwork on their boxes depicting an item that is very different than what is inside. White knives on the outside, yellow knives on the inside. That is a discrepency that should have been caught and eliminated before production even began.

It would behoove UC to make the two match (box art and product)... it's not too difficult for them to correct the color on their box art. They ARE a major company, after all. That, or listen to the fans (they seem to be doing so) and change the knives to have the 'white' handles.

I can say this much with certainty... if UC makes them with 'white' handles, I will buy them. Otherwise, no sale. I just don't like the yellow handles :/

5. Aragorn Elessar

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Really though, why was it so hard for UC to chage the color on the pic? That pic itself was composed from Photosphop anyway.

6. jeremiah.l.burns

jeremiah.l.burns Callo

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Just in case people are having doubts of the color difference in the films, here's a bit of mind-settling proof. I'll try to get actual DVD screen caps, and add them as I get them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

***Edited, 7:23PM*** - Jeremiah.L.Burns

This is interesting...after spending the last hour & a half or so on viewing both the Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers, I'm not really sure where the "yellow knives", as they've come to be called, come into play. I've got the pics to back it up too.

Many people say that his knives changed to the yellow after Lothlorien, but you can see in one of the screen caps that they ares standing at the edge of the river Anduin after the battle of Amon Sul. Legolas clearly still has white knives.

In The Two Towers screens, every decent pic I could grab of them was clearly white! Even as he's completely suited up for battle at Helm's Deep. So...I still leave the window for error wide open...but they look pearly white as can be, to me. Check out my gallery...

>>>>http://gallery.fantasyvault.net/showphoto.php?photo=1009<<<<

Oh yeah...forgot to mention...as you can see, the scabbards were chocolate brown from the beginning, not white. The white scabbards (I've seen the pics too) must have been VERY early protos.

And I don't think they changed them to make them "stand out" from the other gear, as someone on this thread suggested, (don't remember who) because the dark color actually matches the rest of the gear pretty well.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2004
  7. NateDogg2

NateDogg2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Seeing as they didn't film the scenes in order, it makes sense that the color of the knives changes from movie to movie. I wouldn't be surprised if their were shots of white knives in the ROTK and yellow ones in the FOTR... Just a thought.

8. jeremiah.l.burns

jeremiah.l.burns Callo

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    But, Nate, as you can see from the provided pics, the knives appear, at least to me, to be pearly white all the way through. I'll wait and see if New Line is going to release this "white set" before I go buying any.

9. Aenónar

Aenónar Elf of Arda Tauréndor

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    come on, they did use several sets of knives, they did use color changes, (fotr ee)

and PJ or WETA thought that twin daggers would be more elflike/ graceful fighting style for Legolas, to show how like great, well coordinated and so the elves are.

10. emrld_knight58

emrld_knight58 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would like to know where it says that UC plans on making the Legolas scabbards with yellow plastic accents? Everything I have seen or heared so far has said that they will have brown leather and brass accents. I would hate to think that UC would go and be cheap by using plastic accents since those could break easy or fade.

:dragon:

11. isengard111

isengard111 The Master Chief

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The plastic appears to be metal to me. But what do I know. All I know is that for 100 bucks minimum, I better not get plastic. (angry face)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2004
  12. Aragorn Elessar

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Why would they be plastic? And I really don't know where this plastic idea came from... those are brass acsents, just like those of Strider's Elven knife.

13. swordsman

swordsman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

FOlks just read the specifications concerning the scabbbards and rest assured the collor is made of brass (metal)

SPECIFICATIONS FOR UC1381LTNB THE FIGHTING KNIVES
    OF LEGOLAS SCABBARDS (SET OF TWO)

Includes a parchment certificate of authenticity.
    OVERALL LENGTH: 15-7/8"
    SCABBARD MATERIAL: Solid metal collar and tip
    with a 24-K gold plated finish. Genuine leather
    wrap with an embossed Elven vine design.
    PACKAGING: Two-piece box with full-color sleeve.
    APPROXIMATE AVAILABILITY DATE: May, 2004

14. emrld_knight58

emrld_knight58 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    See that's what I thought from what I have read. So when someone mentioned that UC plans on making the accents plastic I tend to want to know if that is true or not.

15. jeremiah.l.burns

jeremiah.l.burns Callo

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I'm not saying they didn't use several sets of knives with changing colors. I'm just saying show me where they did....

I've been watching both EE extensively, and the screens I provided at my gallery are from the EE. They all appear white to me.

I think the twin daggers was a neat touch of PJ's. Unnecessary, but neat.

16. Aenónar

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    umm, you had pics of yellow ones too....

17. Doombringer

Doombringer The End of All Things

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Out of his pics, I saw one with yellow... and I believe that is because of the EXTREMELY YELLOW light in the background :p

Either way, I hope UC makes the white ones. Apparently so do a lot of other fans. And if UC had any sort of confusion as to which knife to reproduce.. white or yellow.. perhaps they should have polled us first. An answer from the fans could then be used to influence New Line, and it may have resulted in the reproduction of 'white' knives.

I know, a lot of "maybe" in there, but I cannot be sure of what would have happened.

18. Kuja

Kuja New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    may 2004, eh?....

is this going to be the REAL release date?.. or pre ordering?

19. Sindarking01

Sindarking01 Lord Of the Grey Elves

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i hope so, i need the scabbards so i get started on my back rigging.

20. Aenónar

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
Search tags for this page

boxwood elven knife legolas

fighting knives of legolas scabbards

legalass white knives

legolas white knife scabbard

legolas white knives

legolas white knives scabbards

legolas white knives with scabbard