Legolas White Knives on eBay...WARNING

Discussion in 'Rants & Scams' started by Arijah, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Arijah

Arijah The Firstborn

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was bored, did a little search on Ebay for the knives of Legolas...and I found them. The site had pictures, but they differed from the authorized reproduction photos quite a bit. Honestly, I didn't like how it looked....however these were not presales but actual items up for grabs. It looked like someone took a photo of the UC promo picture, copied the plaque, and then took generic elven knives, dressed them up a bit, and called it the movie replica.

However, from what I've gathered here about the knives, they shouldn't be available until the end of this month or later...so naturally please be skeptical about what you find there.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2004
  2. Palantir

Palantir Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    YES!!!

BEWARE!!!!

I have also found cheap knock-offs of Striders Elven Knife for sale as well. Buyer beware. There are a few reputable UC resellers on eBay, but most are to be steered clear of!

3. sI0h

sI0h Master of Buckland

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I too found those knockoffs, and they looke awful!!! It makes me sad to see some
    people taking advantage of die hard LOTR fans, selling those cheap knockoffs should
    be punished by death :D

4. Elvenblademaster

Elvenblademaster New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    The majority of the ones I found said licensded product of UC, so there not as many scams as you think. Also, I have no simpathy for people who think they were ripped off by ebay, if you have any doubts about the products authenticity, then click on the ask seller a question icon and find out, if they lie which they won't, then sue them.

5. Palantir

Palantir Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I will not argue with you there, as I have bought all my swords on eBay. Once I found a reputable dealer I stuck with him and now get my swords at nearly cost price. Friendship has it's rewards!

6. DohHunter

DohHunter Community Defender

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Agreed, same here.

7. sI0h

sI0h Master of Buckland

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I too bought my swords on eBay. I try to find those seller that has a very positive
    feedback, and also minimum 1 000 feedbacks, then I'm almost 100% sure that I won't
    be recieving some knockoff shit.

The reason I'm using eBay is that there I can have it for as much as $100 less than at
    a retailer. Actually bought the Shards for $138, a VERY good deal.

Also the S&H costs to Norway is ENOURMEOUS, If I had lived in the U.S.A I'm sure
    that I could have bought Sting + its scabbard for the money I have used on S&H.
    I'm talking about around $90 for the shards, and $70 for Anduril. That's $160 !!!

8. Garko

Garko New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Many thanks for the warning and suggestions.

I always check ebay for new stuff and I have seen a few dodgy Glamdring sellers there as well.

9. Elvenblademaster

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Here thought you guys might like this. By the way anybody suckered into buying these thinking they were the real things deserves to be suckered LOL J/K

10. matrix9217

matrix9217 King of the Mark

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow, those look terrible (and dont mention the auction site if you dont want boomerang at your throat.)

11. Elvenblademaster

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Dude this thread was invented to warn and show people about ebay it was boom's and my idea....

12. matrix9217

matrix9217 King of the Mark

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh. My bad. Sorry.

13. Elvenblademaster

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Its cool......

14. sI0h

sI0h Master of Buckland

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! God those look awful !!! Where did u get the pics
    elvenblademaster?!? U didn't buy them yourself, did u?!? ;)

15. Timmybaby17

Timmybaby17 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I just recently pre-ordered Legolas knives, Aragorn's knife, and bought Hadhafang on ebay. I almost bought a knockoff hadhafang, but luckily i got outbid. (phew!) If you want to buy a LOTR sword on ebay, look for the words "includes parchment of authenticity", and "Official United Cutlery". Also, look for a dealer with many, many positive feedbacks, and remember that if the price looks to good to be true, it probably is. With that Hadhafang knockoff, they actually used a UC picture, and the exact specs of the sword and plaque which fooled me. I know that it was a knockoff, because I bought the uruk hai scimitar from the same dealer, and ebay actually sent me a letter saying that it was a hoax, so I just didn't pay for it!

16. Elvenblademaster

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Doe shenikwa live there, HELL NO, I didn't by them, I just copied the pics from ebay, only reason I would buy those is too practive my throwing knoife skills. pics deleted.