Legend of Zelda 2005: New teaser trailer and the subtitle.

Discussion in 'Zelda' started by The_Broker, May 17, 2005.

1. The_Broker

The_Broker Prepare to be BROKERED!

The country of Brokerton on 1234 The Place You Wan
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    The legend of zelda 2005's offical subtitle has been announced! It is no longer LOZ 2005 or LOZ Working title, it is now The Legend of Zelda: Twlight Princess! And this trailer from E3 has proven this! Go here to view the trailer now! When i first saw it, i jumped from my chair and ran around my house screaming.... okay i exaggerate, but it was still a very joyous moment, please post your reaction to the trailer here.

2. Darth Rave

Darth Rave Sith'ari

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    That was awsome. I can't wait until it comes out. Has anyone heard if they are sending any bonus matierials with the preorders this time around?

3. The_Broker

The_Broker Prepare to be BROKERED!

The country of Brokerton on 1234 The Place You Wan
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Yep, it has been announced that if you preorder after E3, you get some sorta "Super Pentium" bonus, nothing has been said on WHAT that bonus is, but guess we should wait and see.

4. Isaac29GT

Isaac29GT Spawn of Skyanide

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Ya the fact that Link can turn into a werewolf is cool. Though when I first read the subtitle is "Twilight Princess" I thought it sounded too girly but that doesn't really matter...the game lloks sweet!

5. Darth Rave

Darth Rave Sith'ari

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I haveseen alot of complaints boutthe title on some other forums. personaly I think the title looks to fit what we have seen in the trailer. and sowhat if itsounds girly. the whole series is named after Zelda. A girl!

6. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    True, i have no complaints about the title, and i cant think of any that others could. Its sounds like a reference to zelda, but in theme with the darker teme of the game.

looks groovy

7. Isaac29GT

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    It doesn't seem like they have realised who the villian is quite yet though...im hoping it is Ganondorf over Vaati...who knows

8. Vandral

Vandral Dark One Reborn

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    It's going to be Ganon. My friend was at E3 where he talked to the Nintendo rep, and apparently this game is the first Zelda to take place AFTER Zelda 2: The Adventures of Link in the Zelda timeline. He also had the luck to play a short segment of the game.... I swear, he is still in danger of drowning in his own drool.

9. Isaac29GT

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Thats soooo cool...except for the drool part. I can't wait for this game...I've known about it for the last year and I have waited long enough :( hehe

10. Vandral

Vandral Dark One Reborn

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    It looks like it will be the best Zelda ever.

11. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Dont Jinx It!

12. kartaron

kartaron Hunter / Gatherer

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    **possible spoilers**

While Adam Sandler was putting his hands in wet cement outside Mann’s Chinese Theatre on Tuesday, Nintendo’s stars were leaving their own mark inside the famous venue with the first live demonstration of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Shigeru Miyamoto, the creator of the Legend of Zelda series, and Eiji Aonuma, the producer of Twilight Princess were among the speakers discussing new details about the game.

One of the topics was the cloaked woman seen in the Twilight Princess trailer, which Aonuma confirmed is Princess Zelda wearing a traditional Japanese robe used in funerals. The reason for her mourning is the transformation of Hyrule into a darkened state, allowing monsters from the mysterious Twilight realm to roam free. Hyrule needs a hero, and that’s where the new Link, an outsider who travels to Hyrule while trying to save a kidnapped child, comes in.

The difference in the graphic style from that of The Wind Waker was another much-discussed topic. Said Aonuma, “We wanted to show a more adult Link and we decided that the realistic graphics would be the best way to best present the theme of the game.” The realistic interpretation of Hyrule is enormous. To allow Link to cross the great expanses, the developers have made him an expert horseman as he was in Ocarina of Time. The E3 demo includes one of what Aonuma said would be several horsebound battles, including boss battles.

“Chronologically speaking, the game takes place a few decades after The Ocarina of time,” said Aonuma, which places it between Ocarina of Time and The Wind Waker. But the version of Link is different than that of any other Legend of Zelda title. Like all of the Links before him, though, he carries a wide assortment of weapons and explores dungeon-like surroundings.

In the dungeon that’s part of the E3 demo, Link is aided by a group of monkeys and a new interpretation of his classic boomerang. The Gale Boomerang is capable of creating whirlwinds which trigger windmill switches in the dungeon and help the hero fight the dungeon’s leader. During the battle, a monkey holding a bomb slides down a zip line. Link must lock on to the bomb and then the boss to make the Gale Boomerang’s wind-controlling power carry the explosive to the enemy. The resulting blast makes the boss vulnerable to Link’s sword attacks.

The developers said that players can expect similar transformations from other well-known Legend of Zelda items, as well as several new items. Speaking of transformations, when Link enters the alternate version of Hyrule that makes up the Twilight realm, he turns into a wolf with the ability to communicate with other animals and attack enemies using a combo system that is much improved from that of The Wind Waker. Link’s movement from the normal world to the Twilight realm is reminiscent of the hero’s travel between the two worlds introduced in A Link to the Past.

One question for you zelda fanatics... Is this timeline right? Windwaker was later in the timeline than the Ocarina? What game shows the eldest version of Link? I thought he was supposted to be 5 yrs old in Windwaker.

13. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    The timeline seems right to me, most of the games are spread across a broad history.

Ocarina of time was a prequel to A link to the last and the basic timeline shows the arrival of gannondorf, his exile in the sacred realm and in a link to the past he is out again, Wind waker shows how he awoke from this exile, the only problem i see is.

*SPOILER*
    at the end of wind waker hyrule is drowned, between that and a link to the past it must resurface.

While im not sure where th eother games come into play i think a link to the past may be the most recent game in the timeline, if thats what you mean by the eldest version of link, most games portray a different hero known as link, while not being the same exact person we all assume its a reincarnation or whatnot of link. If you dont mean eldest as in most recent id make a guess at ocarina of time as showing the eldest version of link at 17/18. In wind waker i beleive he is more than 5, the beginning is at his birthday at and age considered 'coming of age' in one way or another, id guess older at at least 7 (as young link were in OoT) but perhaps as old as 12-13.

14. kartaron

kartaron Hunter / Gatherer

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Thenks for that... for some reason I thought the timeline went more.. Windwaker, Link to the Past, Zelda 1, Ocarina, Zelda 2 with the same person.

I was mainly basing that on the appearance of the character and how he 'awakened' though he always seems to awaken in different ways.

About the game, I was hoping that it would have a more complex approach to swordplay, (more of a parry / block / jab and counter type of system) but this doesnt seem to be the case. It should be fun to play anyway.

15. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    the swrodfighting is fun though not too realistic in most senses. the original top down versions were just a button for slashing and thats about it. In ocarina of time you do have a variety of move, side swings, slashes, stabs and a great heaving jump attack, some tougher enemies can block these so it takes a sense of knowing your enemy and what works best in order to use the right swrod attack, so in that sense its a little mroe realistic. Wind waker was the same although it itroduced parrying though that different to expected. At a point when an enemy is abotu to strike you have a short opening to perform this move signalled by a flashing sign, and when done it exploits the attacking position of the enemy and does a lot of damage, in the case of darknuts, large armoures foes, it jumps over them cutting their armour straps behind and making them vulnerable, for others its a killing move. In no game sgo you normally block with your sword, in ocarina of time there is the options biggoron sword, that required a mini-quest of its own to get, basically its a large twohanded sword which means you cant use your shield with it meaning your block is wiht the sword, though this is much less effective, the same goes for the megaton hammer.

either way its no longer just button smashing, you need timing and knowledge to pull off the best kills. Or maybe this is just my zelda-buff side talking.

16. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Trailer looks amazing, and I love the title. Cant wait to play it :D