kwlanford's book

Discussion in 'General Books' started by JNK, Mar 7, 2013.

1. JNK

JNK King of tards

Ratings:
    +138 / 4 / -2
    I have kindle edition of kwlanford's book! I'm new at this, but I suppose I can somehow share it with other kindle users... let me know if you want it and how to do that...

2. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    Just to remind users that its perfectly fine to exchange copyright free content provided that any copyright statements with regard to the work remain with the work and that it remains in its complete form. However any works which are held under copyright should not be distributed at all and if we find you doing it bad things will happen.

You might want to check with kwlanford as to if he's ok with you distributing his book for free - if he's not then the copyright status will remain (also note that most books sold through Amazon Kindle come with copy protection anyway).

3. JNK

JNK King of tards

Ratings:
    +138 / 4 / -2
    I think he himself told me I'd be able to share... anyway I bet he'll see this thread...

4. kwlanford

kwlanford Active Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -2
    If you go to the book page on amazon there will be a share link. You can share it with one person at a time for 14 days. All you need is their e-mail address! hope that helps.

OH BTW you will not be able to read it yourself while it is loaned so keep that in mind...

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  5. kwlanford

kwlanford Active Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -2

thank you for trying to protect my work. But the share option is avail through Amazon itself it is one of the kindle perks i guess. So if Amazon has a problem with it they need to spank themselves. Personaly I want as many people to read it as I can get! means more possible sales of book two LMAO

6. Overread

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    Ahh gotcha :)

I didn't know about the share feature (it might be one of those available in the USA not in the European market features - sadly Amazon is abit slow at getting things across the channel - we still can't gift purchase Ebooks on Kindle over here :( )

7. kwlanford

kwlanford Active Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -2
    Can you not log into amazon.com/us and do it?

8. Overread

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    I don't think so exactly.

That is a Kindle is linked to a single Specific Amazon account, therefore if I wanted to I could in theory link it to an Amazon US account however I'd need a registered US address in order to make said US amazon account. After that the Kindle can be set to a new account, however I'd lose access to all my currently bought books on my current account.

I am aware that some people have used a random US address and made up Amazon US accounts to get features from that branch of amazon on their European kindles.

Gifting wise I'm certain you can't gift across so you couldn't gift a US bought book onto a European Amazon account - that I suspect is linked to licences and copyrights as well as contract deals with publishers which are nationally limited and not international. It does annoy me that the US amazon has some books that the UK does not.

Personally I can't work out why Amazon is so slow at getting stuff which is basically software based across their different markets - I can only assume that there must be some legal barrier or internal politics in which prevents or slows the process significantly.

9. kwlanford

kwlanford Active Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -2
    i dont know where they are... but i gifted a copy to JNK and loaned one to Greybeard.

10. JNK

JNK King of tards

Ratings:
    +138 / 4 / -2
    well, I cannot buy kindle books with my gift certificate... it goes like "this is available at amazon.de" (that site services CH as well)... it's sooooo moronic...

11. kwlanford

kwlanford Active Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -2
    Did it let you get my book? Or you talking bout something else?

12. JNK

JNK King of tards

Ratings:
    +138 / 4 / -2
    it did, but only since it was a gift... If I wanted to buy it, I could only via amazon.de

13. S.J. Faerlind

S.J. Faerlind Flashlight Shadowhunter

Ratings:
    +297 / 2 / -1
    Amazon has been setting up specific sites for selling their stuff all over the place in the last 6 months or so. For example an amazon sales channel for Japan just came up on my kindle direct publishing account not all that long ago and so did amazon for Canada. Prior to that I could only buy kindle content from the regular amazon.com site. I would imagine they're doing that to stay in line with legal stuff specific to each region possibly. I know with some other online publishers it's up to me to select which countries I'm allowed to sell my content in. If there's something illegal about the content and I choose to make it available there, I'm liable for it and not the distributer. Specific regions also have specific taxation laws too which complicates things significantly I imagine.