Konami should revive Silent Hill...

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Grace Saunders, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Grace Saunders

Grace Saunders New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lately, us fans were gutted when Konami hardly acknowledged the 20th anniversary of the first game, that was released way back in January of 1999. Being that this is my second favorite horror game series of all time, after Resident Evil, I didn't want it to end, but it went downhill, and no pun intended. Unfortunately, back in 2015 they decided not to develop the game, Silent Hills, which would have starred Norman Reedus (aka Daryl on The Walking Dead). However, the last several sequels on the PS3 were disgracefully bad, and this is because they didn't have the core team who worked on 1-4, known to fans as Team Silent. They pretty much tried to take away the scary Japanese type horror tone and opted to do action oriented games like what Capcom did with Resident Evil 4, that were just crappy in comparison. :eek:

I see no hope any more of the franchise coming back, but I want it to. I'm just not sure if they can do a great sequel ever again. To do that, you need a dedicated team that actually wants to do it right. Not what we had via companies such as Vatra, Double Helix and Climax Studios.

All the best, Grace Saunders, aka thesaunderschild. :cool: