Knife of Dreams Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Speculation' started by Lady_of_Shalott, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Oh, come on, there's only 3 books out so far, compared to what, 11 (12 if you count New Spring)? aSoIaF ought to be easier... :D

2. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    pffft, besides im hooked on KoD already, its jordan back to his best ill tell you, he's hit the high notes again.

3. Lady_of_Shalott

Lady_of_Shalott Weaving the Magic Web

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Ahhhhh!! I finished it last night! It was soooooooooooo good. I want more! I can't wait years for the next one! But when it does come out, it better be enormously thick! Twice the size of the longest one so far! More more more!

:D :D

4. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    see, now you see the reasons for taking it slowly?, im not much further past vows, ive got plenty enjoyable reading left to do.

5. Lady_of_Shalott

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    ^ Fiend. :D

Anyway

BEWARE

More SPOILERS!!!

Ok, so does anyone have any guesses as to whom sent the Trolloc attack against Rand? We know from Chapter 3 that Moridin thinks Sammael has resurfaced because of a large Trolloc movement. Then we get the attack on Rand. Obviously, it can't be Sammael (can it?). Who else could it be? Taim? Someone who can channel probably, although not necessarily. And speaking of Taim, his little "Let the lord of chaos rule" line there at the end. Really odd thing to say. He's got to be a Darkfriend.

6. Oberyn Martell

Oberyn Martell The Red Viper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    SPOILERS INVOLVING THE END OF THE BOOK.IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED,TURN BACK.

I'M SERIOUS HERE

LAST CHANCE TO TURN BACK

Okay,for those of you still with me,Taim is clearly not only a Darkfriend,but one of the new Dreadlords.That's basically what we were seeing in that last scene with his loyalists lined up,the gathering of new Dreadlords.

Also,Taim's working directly for Moridin,note the red and black floor tiles.

7. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Spoilers

chapter something: To call a sitting

okay this has finally got to the point of pissing me off, what is going on with all the bloody yound sitters conspiracy thing? you knwo what i mean, the inexplicable choice of sitters in both the tower and the rebels.

it was odd at first, but in this chapter it shows romanda, head of the yellow ajah (at least for the rebels) and she doesnt have a clue either. this is getting stranger and stranger, and now the only explanation I can come to is that its a black ajah thing.

and if its explained later dont say anything.

also the chapter before: to amke an anchor weap. im guessing ti was the forsaken who stole one of the choedal kal, i doubt it really melted, but good gravy, that doesnt sound good.

P.S> and how good was the end of the chapter, 'the golden crane' finally nynaeve shows a little brains rather than just being a frumpy b*tch all the time.

8. CupofDice

CupofDice Gamabunta

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Spoilers

Chapter - Call to a Sitting

I use to think it had something to do with younger Aes Sedai being more powerful than their elders. I really don't think they are Black Ajah because they have not been causing chaos like Delana. The rebel and the tower sitters are probably working together, though that makes no sense whatsoever. There seems to be an absence of Bela though. *whistles*. Then again it HAS to be the Black Ajah. What else in the flaming world could it be?

9. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    exactly, theres no pattern whatsoever, and seeminly no ling between sitters and ajah heads, that leaves only the one answer.

10. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Spolier: Attending Elaida

okay, its official, actual references to lesbianism in the red ajah. I KNEW IT!

hehe

also:

MAJOR Spoiler: A small wooden box

holy crap, rand already had his woulds, the ews therin madness, and the channeling madness, AND the crap from crossing balefire with ishy, and NOW he has sight problems and loses a hand, holy F*ck, image whats goign to happen by the last battle? he'll need a wheelchair to get up shayol ghul.

but on the other hand, semhirage in the bag, nice, thought i can see more profit in just BFing the woman there and then and getting rid of her.

EDIT: Just read SPOILER: ouside the gates

phew, glad thats over, i saw the rolan/perrin thing coming a mile off, it was obvous that was going to happen, though the aram thing was a bit sudden in my mind, the stuff with the seanchan was done well, and most of all, galina getting a well deserved comeupance, ah!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2005
  11. Lady_of_Shalott

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    SPOILERS!!!! Discussion of Crusader's comments, so if you've read that far you can read this!

GAH!! SO GROSS. I knew I never liked the Reds.... I was reading that and thinking WHAT?! Where did you get hints of that before Crusader? I don't remember any.

Rand... yeah. It was about time for some major action there.. even though the poor guy already has the two wounds...

12. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    SPOILERS!!!! continued discussion

where did i get the hints? theyre reds for petes sake, they dont like men, what else are they going to do?
    That reference actually shocked me though, I was there thinking the term pillow-firend was something innocent and BAM, its all whisked away. Also from the reference aparantly its not just the reds, its quite common in novices and accepted!

and yes, poor rand, i hope he can get some healing for some of his crap or else i think he might lose.

Not muhc left to go in the book, Ahh! i dont want it to end!

13. CupofDice

CupofDice Gamabunta

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Spoilers - Attending Elaida

Really? What did you think was going on between Galina and Sevanna? Check out Here for your pillow friend info. Oh, and Moiraine and Siuan were pillow friends too if you didnt know. Too bad we did not get to see Egwene, and Elayne grow closer. Or even better Nynaeve let her guard down. :D

Last edited: Oct 26, 2005
  14. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0

That site says galina and thervera. Its obvious about galina as the reference in attending elaida is partly about her trying to get it on with tarna. But Sevenna hates thervara, and all the references made on that page could still be thervera merely punishing her. anyway its anyones guess. Hmmmm, im going to have to reread the series and keep an eye out for these things.

15. CupofDice

CupofDice Gamabunta

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

My fault. I meant Thervera.

Vows

Anyone have any idea what did Loial mean by going away to come back?

16. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Vows

not sure of the particular reference, but its either something to do with this transporting to another world thing, or hes going off to the stump to argue against it so he can come back to help rand.

17. Lady_of_Shalott

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0

Ugh. That link has more than I ever wanted to know. For once, in Wheel of Time, there is such a thing as too much information.

18. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Jordan prided himself on too much information, he wants his world to be as real as it can be and for that it needs this level of depth. At least he did it subtly.

19. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    SPOILER: End of the book

right im finished and itching for some discussion on the book as a whole.

my thoughts: Very nicely done, we saw some good payoffs of long running plots, like the seige on andor, failes capture and mats escape with tuon, all one them executed well and all of them are left with a nice open end for the next book so theres less expectations and speculations. My personal favourite was the mat/Tuon plot, i really liked how that one went, with the little comments like tuon not knowing mat at all. When that ended and they split ways it was good and has some great potential for later on, all in all, good book, good story.

Now for the epilogue, now that was strange, im not sure exactly what taim meant, and even though i suspected it im very worried about his darkfreind status. That comment is very worrying as its like one i remember ishy/moridin said in LoC, but i cant exactly remember it as i dont have the book offhand, but if taim is a DF as ive suspected and the reaction when he said that, is every fully trained asha'man a darkfreind? (except maybe logain) it woudl make sense what with his private lessons and him hand picking out who gets the pins, this is veyr bad, im owrrying about an asha'man civil war in the next book, that could be where logain gets his glory.

but if taims comment wasnt that i still dont know what i can be, i managed to pick this out of wotmania, i think its the quote to start loC:

The lions sing and the hills take flight.
    The moon by day, and the sun by night.
    Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
    Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
    -chant from a children's game heard in Great Aravalon, the Fourth Age

very odd, note its the fourth age, likely hes nto a forsaken in dsguise if he is quoting this, the onyl seemingly plac where the comment could be 'an old saying'

any thoughts?

20. CupofDice

CupofDice Gamabunta

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Spoilers - Whole Book

I love the book and everything, but it feels 95% done and a few parts felt forced. Mat's part were the best, and now he has a shiny new title. He has practically been begging for one with his obsession of nobles. I will be rolling if we find out Prince of the Ravens is da'covale. Rand annoyed the hell out of me when he did not kill Cadsuane in Tear, and not trusting Logain. Anyone else notice the Trolloc clan names. I thought we would never see them again because they just don't fit into books 2-10.

It was Demandred who said Lord of Chaos and that was the order given by the DO. (check here) . Note that Taim's floors and Moridin's favorite colors (red and black). The reason Taim raised so many Ashaman is because of Rand and his idiotic law that Soldiers and Dedicated can be bonded. I wonder if Taim is Moridin, though that seems unlikely. Maybe they are pillow friends, which would explain showing off Moridin's colors. :D

Last edited: Oct 28, 2005