Kingdom of Heaven

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Mububban, May 2, 2005.

1. Anduril

Anduril Flame of the West

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I saw the movie and liked everything but the script. It was accurate in some ways, but the whole portrayal of the Muslims and Christians was pretty poor. Look at Balian. His speech says it's their job to protect the "people", not the stones. Well, in real life, it was to protect the stones. Also, not many of the characters are that similar to any of my Muslim or Christian friends.

2. Fox

Fox New Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Well the times were different back then Anduril. People we know these days would probably be a lot more mellow about their religion compared to then. Back then, some felt religion was all they had. I liked this movie very much, and I think it was well done. In my opinion, I thought they showed both sides of the religious war quite well in this touchy time. I wasn't made to hate the muslims, or hate the christians. Heck, I didnt even hate Reynald or Guy. I thought they were pretty humorous characters. :rolleyes: Though it is obvious they are the bad guys in the film.

All in all, concluding that this is a fine example of storytelling and filmmaking, I don't mind a little bit of inaccuracy, as it is hard to say what people would act like. We can't say the muslims are too nice to be muslims, as the times were different, and they are all different people. Same with the christians. (obviously though you can critique actual people portrayed in the film who had existed) But the main story I loved. It was just built around a slightly modified actual event. :)

3. Anduril

Anduril Flame of the West

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    It is important to remember that the "Christians" back then were called Christians because they belonged to a Christian nation. In those days, you had to belong to the church. I often wonder how many of those people were Christians (or Muslim) of their own free will.

4. Falagar

Falagar Death

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Quite a few, I'd think. There weren't many alternatives, and Christianity was truth, not a "world-view". Their upbringing didn't exactly include the word 'open-minded' (nor 'cultural tolerance', for that matter).

Search tags for this page
balian baron von ibelin reenactment

did sal al hadin attack jerusalem with 200000 men

ibelin estates in kingdom of god
what is fake about balian of ibelin