Kahlan and prophecy?

Discussion in 'The Sword of Truth' started by Wizard Warren, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Wizard Warren

Wizard Warren Prophet

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    *possible spoilers for those who haven't read Phantom*

What do you think about Kahlan naming herself "Bringer of Death" with her memory wiped in Phantom?

I'm thinking three things, it's just a random memory from her past that she doesn't really know where it came from or realize it, if it IS a memory from her past, it could be that her memory still may return, even if everyone said it's impossible (perhaps due to chime corruption), or it could have nothing to do with her memory and in fact be indicating that she could be the "bringer of death" that the prophecy has been reffered to, or at least that they prophecy is seriously being misinterpreted?

Any thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Richard Rahl

Richard Rahl New Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Interesting question. The prophecy that this is mentioned in does say that the "bringer of death" will name themselves such. Richard has already done this, but perhaps it's possible for another to be linked to it as well. That would certainly add another twist to events that will unfold in the last book.

I don't know though, because all these prophecies seem to mention the "white blade" of the Sword of Truth, or, the "one bonded with the blade", which Kahlan has never been. It could just be like you say, a random memory. She does after all, recall that she's good at killing, though she doesn't know it's because he father was a warrior and he taught her.

I suppose I'm torn between the two. If it's just a random memory, it seems like a strange one to pick. I'm guessing that Kahlan naming herself that will have some significance. Can't wait to find out!

3. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    I hope her naming herself bringer of death will have some sort of significane in the final novel. Does anyone know when it is due out or the title? Hopefully all will be told in the last novel. I still can't believe it is ending! :(

4. Richard Rahl

Richard Rahl New Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I don't think a title or release date has been announced for the final book. Goodkind isn't like some authors though, and by that I mean he doesn't make his fans wait 3 or 4 years between each book. They're usually released within a year, year and a half of each other. Or that's the average anyway. The earliest I expect it will be the end of next year, or perhaps sometime in '08.

5. Confessor

Confessor New Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0 / -0
    True enough. Authors like that aren't on my top ten list either. I know good things come for those who wait but....more than two years is crazy. Oh well. What comes to pass will work.