Kadaj,Yazoo and Loz explained *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy' started by Roland, May 12, 2006.

1. Roland

Roland Go Horse's Go

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I thought this would be a good topic for people who didn't understand some of the film because in parts it can be quite confusing. BTW these ideas have come from another guide that I have read previously and im putting in my own words, correct me if you think im wrong on anything.

*spoilers obviously*

Who are the silver haired men?

The 3 silver haired men Kadaj, Yazoo and Loz arn't exlained fully in the movie as they simply have been called the 'remenants of sephiroth in the english version'. The Japanese term used for the three is "Shinentai," which basically means "Thought" and "Physical body." It is most commonly used to identify spirits that manifest a physical form to remain in the world. These normally do have a strong will to finish unfinished business.

The idea behind this then is that when Sephiroth was killed at the end of FF7 his will was absorbed into the life stream. He then corrupted the spirit energy with his will(which has been mentioned to be strong in FF7) as he refused to become just a 'memory' and created the 'shinentai' or spirits of himself in 3 physical bodies. These 3 carried the different aspects of himself with the desire to find 'mother'.This can also be seen in the way they fight for example Kadaj uses his left arm to use his sword at all times whereas Loz and Yazoo also use thier weapons in thier left hands.

Some people believe that the 3 are in fact remenants of the sephiroth clone program. However I dont believe this is the case due to the fact that in the game the clones are:
    a)mindless with no distinct personalities for themselves
    b)Numbered which Kadajs gang are not

I think that however people can decide for themselves what they think the right idea is.

This information was like I said was based on Squall of SeeD/Glenn Morrow guide from Gamefaqs who deserves all the credit. You can find more information out from his guide

Hope this clears things up for people:)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Alchemist

Alchemist The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Thats how i thought of it anyway lol..

3. Roland

Roland Go Horse's Go

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Just thought i'd post it for people who hadn't played the previous game or people who didn't know Alchemist.

4. Alchemist

Alchemist The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I know...just saying that thats what I figured...>.> <.< ^.^

5. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Well....Sephy was a clone...and he wasn't exactly mindless, so maybe it is the same for these three. I have to watch it again, to see what they really are, but I think you have the general gist of it.

Plus...aren't they clones of Sephy and not clones in the way Sephy was made? I can't remember really

6. Renzokuken

Renzokuken You have failed this city!

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    I was a bit confused as to who they were too. That helped actually. Thanks Roland. :)

7. Matthias_Thulmann

Matthias_Thulmann Archmage of the Elves

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I thought that Sephiroth had put a different aspect of him in each one Yazoo was the Grace, Loz the strenth, And Kadaj the mind but thats only my thoughts

8. Oeufa

Oeufa Cracked Egg

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    No he wasn't, he was the son of Proffesor Hojo and Lucrecia of shinRa but he thought he was a clone. . .

9. Oeufa

Oeufa Cracked Egg

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
  10. adamkyran

adamkyran Mako Addicted 4 Life

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oeufa Is right. Sephiroth Wasn't a clone. He was part of Hojo's mako project to create "Super S.O.L.D.I.E.R.'s" and so was cloud. They were fused with mako to get powers from the lifestream like in the materia. I like the idea where kadaj and them came from...its well thought out.

Search tags for this page

yazoo and sephiroth thread