Just wondering

Discussion in 'Historical Re-enactment' started by doleniel, Nov 19, 2003.

1. HaldirofLorien

HaldirofLorien Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    HOW THE HELL DO U GO ABOUT MAIING CHAINMAIL????????please tell me its easy and cheap!

2. Boomer

Boomer BANNED

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Please tell me you can stop shouting and watch your language.

3. Kinslayer

Kinslayer Warrior of Rohan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you make it yourself it's fairly cheap but VERY!!!!!!!!!! time coscuming'
    I gaot everything I needed at home depot or tractor supply. Now I had some one in my sca group to show me, so you might look in to that, or just do a search for chain mail theres tons of info out there, but my favorite site is www.theringlord.com Hope this helps

4. Curunir

Curunir Keyholder of Orthanc

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm actually in the process of making a final version of a Saruman costume that I've been working on since Fellowship came out. After I modified a store-bought pattern, I created a mock-up thats been done for ages. I've finally had the time to go out and buy some really nice fabric. hopefully I'll be able to post some images of it soon.

5. doleniel

doleniel Elven High Priestess

surrounded by idiots with no hope of escape
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Sweet! smart move on the mock-up, you can keep from screwing up the nice stuff. I will post my elf costume as soon as my mom lets me use her new digital camera. *Glares at mom, even though she is on the other side of the house*

6. Curunir

Curunir Keyholder of Orthanc

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    here's a link to the beginnings of my saruman costume...the brocade pattern is larger than what was used in the movie, but it has a great look and feel and I got it for a great price...one of the major fabric/craft retailers out here sells similar fabric for about $20 a yard, and I was able to get this stuff for just $5 a yard. anyway...i hope you enjoy. I'll post a pic of the final product once I'm done. let me know what you think!

http://www.angelfire.com/ca7/kaeru117/sarumancostume.JPG

7. Viruk

Viruk New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I make my own stuff. I couldn't find anything like what I had in mind so I built it myself. Very satisfying and somewhat less expensive.

8. The Man from Niefldarth

The Man from Niefldarth your worst nightmare!

My fortress of Mâkinaashanaz, Grinning Doorminh.
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    For those who might want making chainmail, Here is a easy to work rith, rust proof, lightweight, cheap material: PVC!!!

just take a pipe, aproximatively 1/2 inch of diameter, and cut it in thin slices(not too thin!!) now, paint them the color you want, and you have pre-closed rings! juste open some with shears and use the rings as if they were metal to make a solid, lightweight costume-grade chainmail. and voila!