Just A Small Theory...

Discussion in 'Speculation' started by Elan Morin Tedronai, May 13, 2004.

1. AlgSpkr

AlgSpkr New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nicola said that Rand would survive TG, but there will be wars afterwards, the Seachan are a big part of that.

2. Unraveller

Unraveller <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    You're referring to this one?

"The lion sword, the dedicated spear, she who sees beyond. Three on the boat, and he who is dead yet lives. The great battle done, but the world not done with battle. The land divided by the return, and the guardians balance out the servants. The future teeters on the edge of a blade."

It is likely but as with all Foretellings it won't be totally apparent until after the fact. For example, 'he who is dead yet lives' is probably Rand but not definitely. There are a few people it could refer to, Fain for one. The great battle is probably TG but not necessarily.

With that disclaimer done, I have to agree with you. It is the most likely outcome.

3. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Wow, i though most of the prophecies were vague or waflfing that one seems pretty straight forward. Rand and the girls on a boat after the battle, the seanchan running amok and asha'man finnaly become a rival power to Aes Sedai.

the he who is dead yet lives is the only tricky part, but to be honest, who is going to be on a boat with rands three gals other than rand?

4. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    It's one of the two main pieces of evidence for the 'Rand faking his own death' theory, the other being the Logain one. The boat thing is highly reminiscent of the Arthurian boat funeral deal.

5. AlgSpkr

AlgSpkr New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I do not believe that Rand will fake his death. LTT will take over his body and LTT will be the one to die, leaving Rand's body for Rand.

6. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    that makes a lot of sense *sarcasm*

how he can die without his body dying is a puzzle unless its faking his death. Maybe he will die and nynaeve will heal him, its her ambition to heal everything and one day death (or maybe that was just rand with the girl in the stone). Maybe he wont die at all, he'll just disappear without neccessarily faking his death but everyone assumes so because of the prophecies.

Adn lews therin is not likely to die, I think rand and lews therin are the same person, the voice in his head is like an inner concience of his past self. After all, if he is lews therin the dragon rebord, how can there be two of them? the answer is simple, theyre not, lews therin is just a manifestation of rand past self. One cannot die without the other.

7. AlgSpkr

AlgSpkr New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I do not know, and I do not entirely understand my theory. Min said she saw Rand and another man fighting over Rand or something like that, and Egwyene had a similar dream. And the Finns told Rand that to live he must die.

8. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I like that one, I hadn't thought of tht probability.

9. Demandred

Demandred Forsaken

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Wasnt That Mat??

10. Unraveller

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    No, Mat was 'to die and live again'. One of the answers Rand got was 'to die you must live'. He thinks about it later, Presumably the question was 'How can I survive Tarmon Gaidon?' The questions he asks Herid Fel are presumably associated with the answer he got to another question, 'How do I Cleanse Saidin?' The third most likely being 'How do I defeat the Dark One?' although there are other theories.

11. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    'to die you must live'

maybe that means he has to live long enough to die at tarmon gaidon, maybe he asked how to win it, that question would make morse sense, and the answer just confirms he must die.

I dont know, ive not read up tot he part where we find out what rand and the finns said (I'm assuming its the chapter entitles 'what the Eelfinn said' or whatever its called).

And the vison min saw was rand and another man fighting for rand, we assume this is LTT, rand assuems it is, but I'm siding with unravellers theory on that.

12. AlgSpkr

AlgSpkr New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It never tells us straight what Rand asked, but one question was how to clense sadin, and one was how to survive TG.