July 12--A Dance with Dragons

Discussion in 'A Song of Ice and Fire' started by Liadan, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    It's coming.

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/if-update.html

ETA: If you are still reading through the series and have not progressed to AFFC, please do not read any further, as there will likely be spoiler-heavy discussions. The important news is here: that ADWD's completion date has been announced. Any further book-related news will be edited into the first post.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  2. LyannaWolfBlood

LyannaWolfBlood Ella Dictadora

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    LOL, I just came here to announce that. This is earlier than I dared hope, I can't wait!

ETA: 19 minutes earlier suggests that you are just about the more obsessed fan of the two of us ;).

3. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    I can't tell if that's a compliment or not, haha.

And it depends--I found out through Westeros because I was quick-surfing their forums this morning. How did you find out? (If it's through his site, you win for obsessive fan.)

Oh yeah, did you ever get my email?

4. LyannaWolfBlood

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    I found it on the Game of Thrones thread on the Irish boards.ie forum. Which suggests that I am not even his biggest Irish fan! I did have to check Westeros to verify it though; when the original poster said the release date was confirmed my initial thought was something along the lines of "N00b! You're probably going by the amazon release date or something..."

Yup, got the e-mail. I'm planning a detailed read-through this evening and tomorrow so hopefully I should get my comments back to you by then :).

BTW, it's a compliment :).

5. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Awww, thanks ;)

And much appreciated--I just wanted to double-check since hotmail/live accounts frequently get thrown into spam, lol.

March is like an AMAZING month for me. PAX (gaming con) in a week, my new PC should be coming in, and my braces are FINALLY coming off. Then ofc April has the GoT premier, in May Lady Gaga's releasing her new album the day before my birthday, and... June probably has a Carey release. And then July, ADWD!

... I'm not going to have any money left. :/

ETA: People keep looking at me funny when I tell them that I'll probably order from the UK to get it that much faster. I'm not that weird, am I?

ETA2: I'm an idiot. Same release date for UK and US. Preordering in a few weeks so it lands on my doorstep the day it comes out.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  6. Running Wolf

Running Wolf Join the Madness

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -0
    *le gasp* O.O

7. Greybeard

Greybeard Geezer

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    If I hadn't lost interest over the last five years, I'd be excited right now.

8. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    PFffffft you say that but I bet you'll be at the front of the line for your copy Grey ;) ;)

9. Greybeard

Greybeard Geezer

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    No, really. The wait has been so long that I can wait for the paperback and save a lot of money.

10. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    lol! Don't be such a wet blanket. ;) <3 Besides, it's as long as SoS! I'm excited. Really excited. (Then again, I've only been waiting for the last 6ish years, in comparison to older fans...)

Editing first post so we can talk spoiler stuff.

All right: I've refrained from over-speculating AFFC until I knew ADWD was coming out soon. What are people most excited about, other than the Tyrion/Dany/Jon/Bran etc. chapters? (I do have some idea as to the beginning chapters for Dany, Jon, Tyrion, and Bran as I've read through the spoiler summaries on the Westeros boards.)

That being said, I think that all three of those storylines are going to be awesome, and I really want to see it resolved. However, since ADWD will be combining all PoV characters once more, I am looking forward to Cersei's demise as much as everyone else is. Specifically, I want to see what Jaime chooses to do, because I think it'll mean massive character developments on his part.

... oh, who am I kidding. I'm looking forward to everything.

11. Running Wolf

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -0
    I can't tell you! :( It's only been 1.5 years since I read the last book but I can't remember the last events anymore. The only thing that I do remember is that Arya is blind but that we won't find out about that until the book after ADWD will come out. And until then I'm sure I've forgotten everything about the series... :/

12. LyannaWolfBlood

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    RW, GRRM has confirmed that Arya will be in ADWD. From the Westeros info thread on ADWD (which contains some spoilerish information about which POVs are in the book):

I managed to entirely miss that bit of information until now. From an already high base, my excitement levels have just rocketed!!!

As for what I'm excited about (other than Jaime!Jaime!Jaime!) I think this book might be the first one where I'm looking forward to Dany's side of the story as much as the others. It's not that I've ever hated Dany but she's always been so isolated from the main storyline that her chapters have been less compelling to me. But now Tyrion and Victarian are heading her way, plus she'll probably run into one of the new POVs... I am very intrigued. I think it's extremely likely that she'll learn more than she wants to about her family in this book and her reaction to that is going to be interesting.

13. Running Wolf

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -0
    Oh okay. That makes me look forward to it :D

14. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm, just reread Wert's thread--I think I may have jumped the gun in assuming that all PoV characters would be combined (I thought I read it somewhere, though... I'll try to find it) because ADWD extends way past the timeline in AFFC.

After further reading, I have indeed confirmed that I am an idiot:

Sorry, Lya. I feel like I've personally betrayed you and your hopes. :(

ETA: That being said, while it seems unlikely that we'll be seeing Sansa chapters until TWoW, I think that we'll most likely be seeing Brienne and Jaime, in addition to Arya, Asha, and Cersei. Probably no Sam, though. (Not including the Kraken/Dorne chapters, because they don't have one primary PoV character.)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  15. LyannaWolfBlood

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    Meh, I can live without Sam. I will continue hoping for Jaime though :D.

16. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Lmao, you and I kinda' had the same response. "Sam? Eh. Brienne? Eh. JAIME AND SANSA PLEASE" (and please oh god oh god oh god let Cersei dieeeeeeee)

17. bloodfiredeath

bloodfiredeath Die by the Sword

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    I feel a bit the same!
    I will of course line up to buy the book the second it comes out.
    After my last re read of the series (about 6 months ago) I actually felt a little disappointed in the series (I think I mentioned this elsewhere in this section).
    Hopefully the new book will reinvigorate me like the recommencement of the WoT series did.

You know she will weasel her way out somehow!! :p
    (Though I am sure GRRM will probably prove me wrong with a messy and untimely ending for our blonde bombshell!! lol)

18. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    I feel like such a snob for saying this, but I can't say it elsewhere (I have these people on Facebook, after all). But I'm getting really tired of people I knew in high school trying to announce that "They're making a GoT series!!!" when I've been posting news about it all over my Facebook for months. Same with ADWD's release date.

AKA: People need to try to stop giving me news, 'cause let's face it, I'm a more obsessive fan than they are. :/

19. Ser Land

Ser Land New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Memory problems, eh?

20. Greybeard

Greybeard Geezer

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    I understant Lord of the Rings has been made into a movie. Are you excited?