Joe Abercrombie - Half A King

Discussion in 'General Books' started by snikhop, Jul 24, 2014.

1. snikhop

snikhop New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Let's talk about it.

I thought it was pretty fucking good. Spectacularly grim for a YA novel - or feels like it to me, at least. Maybe I don't read many of them. Felt like it could have been one of his usual stories but for the restricted character view and slightly toning down of the guts and fucking, although part of that is to do with a bit of character recycling - Captain Shadikshirram might as well be Nicomo Cosca's long lost sister. I'm upset that Nothing didn't impossibly turn out to be Logen Ninefingers but you can't win 'em all.

I wrote a longer review here if it's of any interest. There's also a competition to win the book. http://sabotagetimes.com/books/win-a-copy-of-joe-abercrombies-brilliant-half-a-king/

2. Harlequin

Harlequin Everyone loves a Jester !

Ratings:
    +28 / 1 / -1
    Not read that particular title, however i have read his book titled "The Heroes", which is named after a group of standing stones that a battle is fought around.
    Excellent read, very well written with intriguing characters and a plot that draws you in - would recommend as a good read to any fans of fantasy.

Search tags for this page

half a king forum