jobs

Discussion in 'Rants & Scams' started by Ender-Zero, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Ender-Zero

Ender-Zero Ruff Mercenary

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Why do people complain about how difficult it is to get a job? After applying to about 7 places, and following up on three of those, I've gotten two jobs and turned down one more. So really, if you have trouble finding a job, try using a resume, or a cover letter, or both. Try following up and being assertive. Try dressing up, even if you're just picking up or dropping off your application or resume. Be professional. If after following up you have an interview, dress up appropriately, arrive early for your interview, and be friendly, smile and make conversation, crack a joke or two. Really it's not difficult, so for anyone who says they can't get a job, actually put some effort into it folks.

2. RayCaptain

RayCaptain 如朱

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    it's cause he lives in Canada...jk

3. Starstung Blackthorn

Starstung Blackthorn Starstung Blackthorn

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ....Because I'm too young? and most places won't pay me?

4. Skyanide

Skyanide The Big Meanie Staff Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    It isn't hard to find "A" job. It can be hard to find a job that (a) pays well (b) that you like (c) in your chosen field. That's what I think most people complain about. Almost anyone can get a job at a Tim Horton's, most people don't look at that as an upward career move.

5. AlphaAlex

AlphaAlex Official Forum Nuisance

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -0
    It depends on where you live. Cities or areas on the grow are easy to find work in. Other areas not so.
    Obviously some people find work easier than others. I've only ever had one job and I've been here for over 3 years now but some of my mates have tried everything to get a decent job and can't seem to land one, where as other mates of mine seem to get jobs at will. I've asked em about it and they don't seem to do anything different from one another. I guess it depends on first impressions.

6. Jingojolene

Jingojolene Wayfarer, heartlander

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    A job is a job and if people are going to be picky they can't really expect to be able to find it can they? If you're young you have to start somewhere to get elsewhere. Y'know? I agree with the thread-starter.