JIM is pretty awesome...

Discussion in 'Spam....' started by olivia_the_lamb, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Firiath

Firiath Halfling barbarian

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    We would, of course, have to swear an oath before we start drinking. An oath that forbids us to record this kind of stuff. :D

2. JIM

JIM zombie Turncoat

Ratings:
    +327 / 1 / -0
    was only 30' or so

yeah, um, we......wooooould.... yes yes of course we would

3. Firiath

Firiath Halfling barbarian

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    This then would be the reason for all my trust issues.

(Not sure if I have any, but that doesn't matter right now!)

4. S.J. Faerlind

S.J. Faerlind Flashlight Shadowhunter

Ratings:
    +298 / 2 / -1
    30 ' ?!?!!? OMG....

I can't imagine why this would be an issue....lol

5. olivia_the_lamb

olivia_the_lamb Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    I love V8!!

bahahahaha that's awesome!!!

The only time I do crazy things is when I drink. I'm usually pretty quiet these days. Mid-20's and all llololol

o_o

I would definitely drown lol

I've run through a corn field naked before. But I was 17 then. Doubt you could get me to do anything like that these days :p Also, get me drunk enough, and I even forget Rhiannon's lyrics, which is really worse than forgetting a LedZep song's lyrics.. I mean, if your name is Rhiannon and all -_-

I give you my axe!

6. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1

Ah-ha!.. only midwestern girls run through corn fields naked.:D

The 'Stairway to Heaven' incident was conducted proudly while standing on a diving board at our backyard pool... we had a pool party after all attending my dad's funeral. Some may think that's disrespectful or that we somehow didn't miss him, but it's Scots/Irish tradition to mourn little and celebrate much the life of a loved one who has went on to the hereafter.

I should add that I have a truly morbid fear of getting so drunk that I die in my sleep... I think that comes from the way John Bonham, Led Zeppelin's drummer died. Oh my goodness, how many times I've rammed my finger down my throat until I toss my cookies in the toilet, then I'm okay to go off to bed assured I won't suffocate on my own vomit.:D Not very attractive, I know.

I'm very glad I seldom drink to that point nowadays... in fact I've pretty much given all that up. The body just doesn't bounce back the way it once did.:)

7. S.J. Faerlind

S.J. Faerlind Flashlight Shadowhunter

Ratings:
    +298 / 2 / -1
    hahahaha
    I don't drink at all but I do some stuff that other people think is crazy (like write fantasy books, sew eccentric clothing and do shows with my dance teacher). Probably, this is just because I live in a rural community and expectations for behaviour are fairly ... narrow, shall we say? lol. I kinda feel bad for my kids. When they're teenagers I'm sure they're going to want to disown me. (OMG dude...did I see your mom dancing on main street with those other crazy people?) :D

My Dad's family was of Irish/Scottish descent (my brother and I are all that is left of that particular family line). I was pretty young for those funerals but from what I remember all the "wakes" for them involved similar stuff.

8. olivia_the_lamb

olivia_the_lamb Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    Very true, I don't know know many people from other parts of the US that have run through a cornfield naked... and to be fair, I did fall and twist my ankle. Oh, and I should mention that it was October and the corn fields were already taken down or else I wouldn't have done it because I'm allergic to every part of a corn stalk except for the actual corn -_- I'm also allergic to hay lol worst midwesterner ever.

That celebration of life sounds awesome. I hope people do that at my celebration of life when I die. I'd be so honoured if one of my children sang Rhiannon while naked on a diving board.

I'm also scared of that, but I never need help throwing up if I get too drunk -_-

Also, I'm only 25 and my body already treats alcohol like I'm 40 ;_;

Sounds like fun :p

9. Sparrow

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1

It was so funny because my dad gave my mother specific instructions that he be cremated and be given a very simple (inexpensive) ceremony, and that would be that. As in life so to in death my mom would have none of it. He was given all nine yards worth of a big ceremony and laid to rest in a big coffin at a fancy cemetery. One of our neighbors living two doors down were a catholic family, eight kids no less. Their dad was a Lieutenant Colonel at the El Toro Marine Airbase and as the ceremony for my dad was concluding, three jet fighters flew low and slow over the cemetery, one of the jets pealing off to symbolize someone leaving the fold. My dad was a second pilot and engineer in the RAF during World War II, so our neighbor had pulled some strings to have jets from the local airbase fly overhead... this was totally unbeknownst to even my mom.

What can you do, sometimes you just have to let whatever will happen, happen.:)

10. Sparrow

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1
    Thank goodness you ain't Amish, being allergic to hay and corn stalks they'd have to "shun" you for sure.

That would be cool, someone singing Rhiannon at a wake... and with a tambourine.:D