Islamic Debate

Discussion in 'Every Day Debating' started by Sparrow, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Padmé

Padmé Mrs Cascador

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
  2. curunir's bane

curunir's bane Kwisatch Haderach

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I agree. It's unfortunate though that we are humans and sometimes give in to our emotions before we think rationally. It's upsetting to me when anyone of any race or religion (atheism, christian, jewish, hindu, buddist, muslim, etc.) get's a bad wrap because of a few bad seeds. I've noticed that even the really fundamentalist Christians I've met are extremely nice people. It's strange though that I never hear much about agnostics. I guess everyone over looks us :(.

But anyway, there's good and bad people out there and it's unfortunate that the bad exist. They make the good people of a certain group look bad, and they are often times the only focus of the media. I just wish that we could all set aside our religious differences and not worry about other people's beliefs.

3. Foinikas

Foinikas Playing backgammon!

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    Sorry but when we're talking about islam...there seem to be far more than "a few bad seeds"....come to imagine that people with fanatic or very strict versions of islam ruled or rule entire countries for example the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan(Afghanistan under the Taliban).Areas of Pakistan where Taliban or other fanatic presence is majority.Saudi Arabia ruled by the wahabis,the entire Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt and elsewhere(trying to infiltrate Syria again now).Somalian and Sudanese fanatics,check out Somaliland which is a pure islamic state.The short-lived Chechen Republic of Ichkeria and the later proclaimed "Islamic Emirate of Caucasus" by the mostly chechen,turkish,arabic and afghan jihadis.

The Shiites are far less "wild" than the sunnis,but still there is a relatively strict way of life in Iran,although things are far more liberal IN RELATION WITH SAUDI ARABIA.

In eastern Turkey as well islam and fanaticism seem to exist.Or at least a backwards way of thinking,stuck in the past 50 years ago or more.

Then you have all these people who appear in such big hate rallies in Iraq,Pakistan,Maghreb countries(countries of northern africa)and in all the European countries and USA and Canada.

I mean ok,muslims are what...600 million or so?There are way too many millions of them who have a very fanatic,fundamentalist and strict interpretation of islam in their minds and try to enforce it on others as well every day.Remember even Hamas,the islamist movement in Palestine had to fight against other sunni fundamentalists.It was that case when some nutcase Sheikh gathered up his own militia and supporters and declared Gaza an "Islamic Emirate" but Hamas said "no" and besieged them and smashed them.That takes us to Lebanon where fanatic sunni Palestinian groups declared their own Palestinian camps and surrounding Lebanese villages and towns "islamic emirates" and went to war against the Lebanese Army.

4. Foinikas

Foinikas Playing backgammon!

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    I just heard this on the news: A Pakistani minister is offering 100,000 dollars to whoever kills the guy who made the Muhammed movie!