Intermssion What!?!?!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Crusader, Dec 4, 2003.

1. Crusader

Crusader Disturber of the Peace

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Most of you were probably scared by the title, but most of you are lucky, Over in england one cinema company have decided it would be a good idea to put a 15 min intermission in the middle of the film. The company in question is Warner Village cinemas and the idiots there have decided to do this. And the fact that the best cinema's in my area are Warner cinemas, I'm pretty screwed.

Personally i think this idea is terrible, only put in for those with weak bladders who should make their own desicion to either go to piss durin the film or hold it in, and anyone who was big enough of a fan to not want to miss the film while urinating should either A) not get a drink, B) be annoyed by the intermission.

What are your thoughts on this?

2. Arwen

Arwen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    ew I wouldn't go to that theater. Definitely don't drink much- especially not anything with caffiene in it ;)

3. Strider

Strider Eccentric

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    That just totally ruins the movie. I would hate to be brought out of my movie mode.

4. Nienor

Nienor Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    If you're over the age of six, you should be able to hold it through a movie. :rolleyes:

5. Lady_of_Shalott

Lady_of_Shalott Weaving the Magic Web

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Yeah. It would interupt the flow. I never drink or eat anything at the movies, especially during an LOTR film. I don't know how people can even think about eating. On opening day of TTT we got in the theatre early to get good seats and all these people around me were muching and drinking and I'm thinking "What are you doing?!?! How can you eat at a time like this?" I was WAY too excited to eat.

6. Radagast

Radagast Art House Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, an intermission would ruin it the flow of it. Especially since if its during the middle the suspense would be already great.

I usually eat during the movies, mainly due to the fact that I am always hungry. But I never leave during the middle of the movie, one of my unwritten rules.

7. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    I used to eat a load of popcorn, nowdays i only get the smallest size possible and usually i dont even get popcorn, but i can hold it in for three hours at least. Its just stupid, what you do is just have small sips of the drink every now and then, that way you dont get thirsty and you wont need to go to the toilet untill near the end. The whole thing is stupid and ive already send in a complaint. The best cinema near me is that chain and the best one in a larger area is also the same chain. Theres one nearer but its rubbish quality, and people who read Empire film magazine may have read a letter suggesting naming and shaming cinemas for poor quality. Well the person who suggested this put up the nearest cinema to me as the first. So if i dont want talking and crowding and townies throwing popcorn, I have to put up with an intermission.

8. PrinceOfMirkwood

PrinceOfMirkwood Elven Assasin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll have to disagree because i think its a good thing. a) my tailbone hurts after awhile in the movie seats, i've experienced TTT 3 times like that. b) I admittingly have a weak bladder and c) it gives you time to talk about how much the movie owns, which would probably eliminate side chatter, which ruins a good movie

9. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    well viewing FOTR eight times and not going to the toilet once really stretched my bladder so i can last a good four hours with a full drink in me.

As for your tailbone, ooh, that doesnt happen to me unless i sit cross-legged on the floor. And use its propper name, the Coxix (please excuse spelling), so we can laugh because its sounds like a rude word.

As for side chatter, most of it is spur-of-the-moment and i doubt the annoying people who talk during films would wait for the break to do it.

I think the break is just for the toddlers and the elderly and is a waste of good film time.

10. byzantine warrior

byzantine warrior Autokratos Konstantinou

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Intermission?? what kind of ridiculous idea is that when watching ben hur i fell asleep during the intermission!

11. jeremiah.l.burns

jeremiah.l.burns Callo

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I went to the bathroom at the theater before going inside. I got a 20oz bottle of water...I drank MAYBE 8-10oz of it. I had to piss so bad by the end of it that I thought I'd explode. But I HELD it. It was worth it. :) And when I finally got to go...I could've filled that 20oz bottle twice over.

12. Lady_of_Shalott

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    OKay! I don't think we needed all those details there Jeremiah!

I didn't get up once. I think I was literally glued to the seat.

13. Lego

Lego God amongst men

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    Theres a theater I go to that has a 5 min break which I think is reasonable and then after the movie and before they open the bar.

14. Shinagani

Shinagani New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    An intermission is a terrible idea especially in a movie like this one that just flows and doesn't have a good place to stop after the first 30 minutes. What you do when you go to a movie like this one is buy all the food you want(because let's face that's not a problem unless it's like prunes or you have a super-fast metabolism) and then get whatever drink you want, but don't drink any till about halfway through(I waited and hour and forty minutes) the movie. I just did it yesterday and I was comfortable the entire movie!

15. Crusader

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    GOOD NEWS!!! when i went to see it there was no intermission. I went in and after 15 mins the lights went out and it went straight to the film. They must have realised what a stupid idea it was and cut the trailers instead. YAY!

16. jeremiah.l.burns

jeremiah.l.burns Callo

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    LOL. Sorry, hope I didn't gross anyone out. Just trying to get the point across that going to the bathroom before hand is a good idea, but may not help. This movie will excite the piss out of you.
    :banana:

17. Lady_of_Shalott

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    I wasn't too grossed out. But you did make your point well. :D

18. Haldir

Haldir Archer Extraordinaire

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The second time I saw TTT there was an intermission. We needed it for breathing purposes though. The cinema screen I was in was one of the older yuckier ones which turned into a sauna. Twas soooo very yuckily hot in there...

No other intermissions though thankfully.

19. Ymina

Ymina New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If they opted to put in an intermission it should be during the scenes of which Arwen is in them. (After all she is the ONE character who is technically not in the books except in appendixes.) Other than that, if its anywhere else, I would demand my money back and go to a different theatre.

20. olivia_the_lamb

olivia_the_lamb Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    Well that's good news... the cinemas in my town leave all the trailers and comercials and adds and stupid stuff that isn't needed in.. but I did like the trailer for the movie Hildago :D