Inconsistencies in HP

Discussion in 'Harry Potter' started by Ramira, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Ramira

Ramira New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Have you ever noticed how there are so many inconsistencies in the HP series??
    i've noticed a few myself and was just wondering how many other people had noticed.
    here's an example of what i mean:
    in book five harry encounters thestrels. hagrid says that only people who have seen death can see thestrels. fair enough, but didn't harry see his parents die so shouldn't he have been able to see them in his third year, the first time he was taken to the castle in the carriages.
    you may say that maybe he wasn't watching or something when his parents died but he also had his eyes closed when cedric was killed so how do you explain that??!!
    oh, and at the end of book four he is taken to the train station in the horseless carriages and that is after cedrics death!!
    personally i think that Rowling just made the thestrels up between writing book 4 and book five so that they could get to the ministry at the end of book five!
    what do you think??
    and what other inconsistencies have you noticed??

2. Alchemist

Alchemist The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Actually Rowling has already answered that question. It has to do with how young Harry was, he did not even fully remember and had to be told his parents were killed. She goes into more detail but why should I do the work for you ;)

3. Ramira

Ramira New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah, ok, my mistake. however, he still couldn't see them at the end of book 4 could he?

4. LyannaWolfBlood

LyannaWolfBlood Ella Dictadora

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -0
    She explained that too IIRC. Technically he should have been able to see them, but she didn't want to introduce an important new concept right at the end of the book when we were still in shock over Cedric's death.

It may be an explanation, but I don't deny that it's a lousy one ;).

5. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +341 / 1 / -0
    A better reprasing could be that harry was still in shock and thus not paying full attention to the dead horse things.
    That or maybe it takes time to see them after death
    or that the indevidual has to fully realise themselves that they have seen a person die before they realise that they can see them

not a big fan, but an overactive mind,

6. mz-readaholic

mz-readaholic Use The Force

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Ahhhhh,. I always wondered that too. I'm glad I know now!!