in the later books

Discussion in 'The Sword of Truth' started by blackrock, Jun 18, 2018.

1. blackrock

blackrock New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I really want to meet Terry Goodkind I think he's a god
    and that TOR the publishers need to stop messing with that guy!

The imperial order? Are you serious? They're marching on your town? Run, stupid! Run! Get out! Go! They wait?
    It's unbelievable, but obviously there? Oh, geurilla warefare takes those guys apart, and the whole continent of people is still alive and wanting their freedom live, so like,
    the combat instructions called phantom, that would be like, right out of the gate, for Richard,
    and so I really want to read the versions Terry wrote,
    the ones they don't make him change, modify up for everyone? It'd be way way cool...
    the books if you see the author, in your head, for what he can do, are incredible,
    and definitely we're being lied to on Walmart shelves about it, the Imperial Order catastrophe is totally fake
    what's he have on his shelves?
    that guy's library probably has Tim Allen's actual, books, about fighting monsters in industry and evil monsters everywhere, you know? censored
    censored, censored, what's in a book?

Is Richard a God?
    What is Circe known for, is that her?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2018
  2. blackrock

blackrock New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    and like, the male confessor,
    do you think it's Eragon (I'm nodding) I think it's Eragon,
    the name of names is

3. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +646 / 3 / -1
    What makes you think TOR forced him to re-write major sections of his books? He's already a major best-seller so chances are he's got more leeway than new authors in pushing through what he wants to publish; though I would expect his books to be edited by a professional editor. Through that process he might well change segments of a story, but that is perfectly normal for any author.

Sometimes things don't make as much sense to a reader as they do to the writer so the writer has to make that realisation and change things to better reflect what they want; or they took one segment of a story in one direction and then cut out a chunk that results in a segment making no more sense etc....

Also he can be rather "out there" and "blunt" with his choice of language such as the recent situation where he called out the artist who did one of his front covers for a book and was, very untactful in his manner of speaking (personally I felt he was doing it for marketing to get attention - much like how I feel is why he did those interviews where he stated his writing wasn't fantasy but something else etc...- he wouldn't be the first person to use very "out there" viewpoints to generate drama/discussion and interest to aid marketing a product).

4. blackrock

blackrock New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't think you understand what you're talking about. I'd say it was a big deal, that no matter what happened Kahlan had
    to be pissing people Off or something? Richard has full knowing of his abilities, you do die worse, than dead, it's torture, torture hurts your soul worse, and like, what? I don't know what you mean, you have no idea what,
    Walmart, looks like, for an author? It was idiotic, some of the things he said, later in books, completely broken, stupid ideas, Run! Go! The fucking, soldiers are coming to the city? Get out! and then like, are you serious?
    No, I know he's got different versions, but I don't believe in Harry Potter either; no sex, no fun, idiotic monogamy, lifeless ambition, torture of the characters, liars' tell, worlds ended... Terry Goodkind just got them on shelves,
    I'm sure he has cooler versions, like how Richard has to change the apple red? Or how would he have one?