Impressions of Book 6!

Discussion in 'Books' started by Jessehk, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Ilaelin

Ilaelin The Mother of Dragons

Hades with the rest of my evil friends...
    Ratings:
    +206 / 2 / -0
    Lol...yes you're right, I too like being surprised and not being able to pressume the outcome. But you must admit that there were some interesting turn of events in this book. ;)

2. Alchemist

Alchemist The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Actually he didnt make an appearance at all in the third book. And if you dont count Riddle, (which you obviously are not ) then Voldemorte was not in the secound book as well.
    But since Tom Riddle is Voldemorte he was in the sixth book as well as in the secound and therefore the only book he isnt in is the third.

As said before I enjoyed this book alot.

I read an interview with Rowling saying we will finally discover what that gleam in Dumbledor's eyes actually meant.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2006
  3. Huntress

Huntress Healer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    6th book jumped around a little. All the memories made for a long read. I wasn't really into them, I will have to do a reread so that I can pay attention to them this time. Dumbledore shocked me. In many ways. I liked it that he stood up for Harry to his aunt and uncle. That was my fav. part of the book.

4. Alchemist

Alchemist The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I liked the memories, it let you know about Voldemorte's past.

5. Richard Rahl

Richard Rahl New Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I thought it was very interesting. While part of me was hoping that Ron and Hermione's speculation about Dumbledore teaching Harry high-level defensive spells would be true, learning about Voldemort's past was very useful as well. It's all about knowing your enemy. Seeing what makes them tick, what habits they've got, and why they do things a certain way is all useful information in bringing about their demise. I don't think I'll ever look forward to the release of another book as much as I am this final Potter book. Next year can't come soon enough!

6. Lord of Chaos

Lord of Chaos New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i agree with everything you guys have said it was an excellent read though I got kind of tired of all the dark twists and yes after reading the ending of the book made me so mad that I wished that I had a life size doll of Snape so I could imagine killing him. i liked that the book was not as long as the 5th so that J.K Rowling could get to the good parts with out having to thouroughly explain every situation in the books.