Illegal Immigration in the USA

Discussion in 'Every Day Debating' started by Alchemist, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Alchemist

Alchemist The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    As most you of well know, here in America a law is being past to make it illegal to be an illegal immigrant. I just want to see what other peoples veiws are.

I, for one, am outraged that we have over 11million illegal immigrants living in America today.
    I also find it odd that we are having to pass a law to make being her illegally illegal. I mean isnt that the first word in "Illegal Immigrant".
    Now I am all for anyone who wants to come into this country, as long as they do it the right way. Filling out paperwork and all that stuff.

But to come here, steal jobs that honest americans need ( and the immigrants only get them because they are not smart enough, apparantly, to realize that 2 dollars and hour is not proper pay ), then pop out babies so that they can get on welfare and live off of tax payers dollars, that should go to citizens of this country.

What is even more outrageous are these protests going on. People actually wanting illegal immigrants to cross the border and live here. Most of them are illegal immigrants too, standing in the streets saying basically, "We are here, and you cant do anything about it".

I cannot wait untill this bill passes.

2. Richard Rahl

Richard Rahl New Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Re: Illegal Immigration

First let me say that getting into this country is not easy. My family and I moved here from England, and it's just been a never-ending hassle with visas and such. That's why I am all for this bill as well. An immigrant from Mexico or wherever can just have a kid here and suddenly they're good to go, and honest, hardworking people like my parents are offered jobs here by American companies, and yet they get all this sh*t from immigration concerning paperwork etc. You'd think they'd cut people a break who're actually going through all the official motions, especially when we come from one of the only countries that supports this one! I guess preferential treatment would be unsporting though :rolleyes:

Tbh, I'm a little shocked that such a bill needs to be passed. "Illegal" Immigrant suggests they're already breaking the law, so I'm presuming that public outrage has gotten to a level where Congress needs to look like it's doing something about it.

11 million...that's a lot. I'm sure the arguement is: Are they taking jobs from Americans, or are they doing jobs that Americans don't want to do?
    I'd say it was a bit of both, but mainly they're taking jobs from Americans. How so? Well, they're willing to work for below minimum wage, so long as they get cash in hand. Employers don't care who does the work, just so long as it's done. The fact that they can pay less for people who will work just as hard as anyone else is an added bonus for them.
    This leaves little incentive for Americans who ply a similar trade, because they know they'll get ousted by immigrants who will work for less.

Illegal immigration is a problem, so it's good something is finally being done about it.

3. Fox

Fox New Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

POST DELETED - I will not tolerate posts advocating violence and xenophobia. Do it again and there'll be problems.

Mububban
    TFF Moderator

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2006
  4. Harbringer

Harbringer New Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

exactly dude! my parents moved here from russia when i was 6.. im 15 now and we are still goin through that visa and greencard bullshit!

5. Dwimmerlaik

Dwimmerlaik Captain of Despair

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

yeah, well ilya you dont have it cause, you havent lived in one part of the US for atleast 7 years.

it annoys me cause it is so hard, but i am legal now so it dont matter !!

6. Alchemist

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0

Some may be doing jobs that some dont want, but When I see ( and I know they are illegal I called Immigration control on them :D ) a kitchen full of illegals in a resteraunt I previously tried to apply too but was denied because they had a full staff ( of illgeals ) thats just bullcrap. (by the way this was years ago) Or when I look at a construction site....I mean come on, half of my University's new campus add-ons were built by illegals.

Sometimes I seriously think about getting into Border Control.

7. volksmenner

volksmenner practitioner of æsthetics

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0

interesting how you are all immigrants yourself. this bill absolutely makes no sense from what you tell me. illegal immigrant as you all ready have said presumes illegality. i am going to have to research this. beauracracy...isn't it grand.

well i am a little baffled. president bush, a republican, a conservative, a neo conservative doesn't seem to be that conservative at all. he endorsed the dubai port deal, he endorses the hutchison whampoa ltd no-bid contract with the chinese, he endorse the guest worker visa. in other words he is not interested in protecting the borders. not very conservative. particularly since we are in a "war on terror" it doesn't add up.

everyone is concerned about the illegal mexican immigrants that have been coming here forever, but what of "terrorists"?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2006
  8. Alchemist

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0

Im concerned about that also, but as those bills/endorsments are already passed there is nothing I can do. Im just hoping that the bill gets passed and hoping that would set the ball rolling for better border control all around.

9. Fox

Fox New Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

That's what the Patiot Act is for.

10. volksmenner

volksmenner practitioner of æsthetics

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0

the patriot act hmm. i am not too sure about anything that impedes upon the liberty of the citizen.

11. Alchemist

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0

that is not what it does. People assume that the Government is listening in on everyone's phone callls and such. Honestly, that is so ridiculous it hurts. The patriot act is there to keep tabs ONLY on those who need to be watched. Known terroists, suspected terrorists, etc.
    Like they actually could listen in on everyone's phones all the time.

12. Fox

Fox New Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

That's what I was referring to man. I ain't a loser Patriot Act complainer who has nothing better to do than whine about something that doesn't affect me. I think it's a good cause. To be honest, nomatter how many rights people think it affects, it's really the only way to prevent terrorist attacks before they happen. They complained when the government didn't do anything to prevent 9/11, yet they complain when they try to stop further attacks from happening. I've always told people they got nothing to worry about, and if they do, they're most likely doing something bad. I don't think government agents are sitting there choosing a person at random and watching what book she checks out every day, or what color underwear she has. I don't think they give a crap. It's there for important reasons.

13. Gil-Galad_360

Gil-Galad_360 Aran Noldorin

Mirkwood, keeping the woods free of Morgoth's mini
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

Well, my opinion on this matter has to do a lot with the fact that I live in Mexico, things look a lot different from here.

Nearly all of mexicans that enter the USA illegally do it because in Mexico the minimum salary is ten times smaller than in the US, so, unfortunately they have to choose between extreme/"normal" poverty and an opportunity to live better.

I couldn't understand more the US citizens and their "invasion" feelings, I would think the same if a whole "shift" lot of aliens were crossing the border like hooligans everyday, and causing trouble (just some of them of course).

We have to talk about the fact that in Mexico education is below underground in quality (I've seen it myself...almost everyday) and this is why most immigrants (with honorous exceptions) have a terrible civic education and almost no values.

So, immigrants jump the wall because they want a better way of living for themselves and their families. Is this terrorism? I think it's not.

George W. Bush is NOT the one to blame on this issue, Mexican government WANT mexicans to think he is because THEY are the guilty ones, who is responsible for the progress and well-being of mexicans? George Bush?? C'mon!! I just get p*ssed when Vicente Fox (President of Mexico) keeps talking like if he had nothing to do with it, and if it was like if the people tried to cross the border risking their lives (often losing them) because they like/want to. C'mon!!! I would just like to see those politician b*stards to stop thinking about how much money they're going to steal from taxes and etcs. and started to worry about what really matters: the people. It's then and only then when the mexican migration issue will be settled.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2006
  14. Fox

Fox New Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

:cool: Agreed

15. Alchemist

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0

Its not terroism when they cross, its just flat out illegal. So, they want to come to U.S. then try legally. And if you cant tough.
    Its not America's fault that things are bad over in Mexico. And coming over here and ruining the economy isnt going to solve their problems.

16. Fox

Fox New Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

I think he said it pretty well. I mean... if I were in that position, I wouldn't do the same, yet... I wouldn't blame them either. It's good to understand someone's actions even if you don't really agree with them I suppose. When they have good intentions, I at least can sympathize with them. It's still illegal and they need to be punished, but we really need to set an example for those who come here and make trouble. The ones who dont come to work but to deal, and shoot cops. Those are the true scum.

It's easy for me to say it here, not being in the situation, but what they really should do is try it legally. It may not be fun or successful, but it's legal.

17. blonde4sparks

blonde4sparks New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Its a tough situation... I feel really bad for the immigrants, but logic is going in the opposite direction. It's confusing! ???!!

18. Fox

Fox New Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

That's why you gotta look at it as well-being for US citizens, not aliens. It's true, it's easy to feel bad for them. But something you can do with those feelings are turn them to Americans, or legal immigrants who need jobs, and do it for them. Enforce the law for them. That's the morally decent side to it.

19. Dwimmerlaik

Dwimmerlaik Captain of Despair

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

thats odd how you are a immagrant your self, and you bettered offed from it, and now you want to get rid of people like your self when you came here. Your kind of people make me sick.

20. Alchemist

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0

That has to be the most bullcrap comment I have read in awhile.
    Yes we ALL are, but I know for a fact that my ancestors came here legally.

Seriously, have you not read anything. Im not talking about immigrants im talking ILLEGAL immigrants. Bif difference.
    I make you sick?
    You think that people crossing the borders illegally, taking jobs from citizens, ruining our economy is a good thing?
    You make me sick.

Do you not know the difference between legal and illegal? Obviously not.