I'd like to Know

Discussion in 'A Song of Ice and Fire' started by Tatharlin, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Tatharlin

Tatharlin Daughter of a

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    What the Song of Ice and Fire all about? Would I be interested?

2. The Hound

The Hound The Everlasting Scream

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't think the story could be summed very easy, but I will say this. If you consider yourself a fan of fantasy you owe it to yourself to give the first book a try. My first time reading it I realized it was no ordinary fantasy series within the first few chapters, and realized it was my favorite series a few short chapters later.

Song of Ice and Fire is hands down the most realistic, well written fantasy series I have personally read. I am completely captured into the book even when rereading it.

3. Legend

Legend Made in NZ

Land of the Long White Cloud/Aotearoa/New Zealand
    Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Ok this may contain *spoilers* I will type out what is written on the back of each book..

Book One - A Game of Thrones..

'As Warden of the north, Lord Eddard Stark counts it a curse when King Robert bestows on him the office of Hand. His honour weighs him down at court where a true man does what he will, and not what he must...and a dead enemy is a thing of beauty. The old gods have no power in the south, Stark's family is split, and there is treachery at court. Worse a venegence-mad boy has grown to maturity in exile in the Free Cities beyond the sea. Heir of the mad Dragon King deposed by Robert, he claims the Iron Throne.'

'Grabs hold and wont let go. Its brilliant.' - Robert Jordan

'Fantasy literature has never shied away from grandeur, but the sheer mind-boggling scope of this epic has sent other fantasy writers away shaking their heads...Its ambition: to construct the Twelve Ceasars of fantasy fiction, with characters so venomous they could eat the Borgias' - Gaurdian

Book Two - A Clash of Kings

'From the ancient citadel of Dragonstone to the forbidding shores of Winterfell, chaos reigns as pretenders to the Iron Throne of the Seven Kingdoms prepare to stake their claims. As a prophecy of doom cuts across the sky - a comet the colour of blood and flame - five factions strugle for control of a divided land. Against a backdrop of incest and fratricide, alchemy and murder, the price of glory is measured in blood.'

'Truly epic...with its magnificent action-filled climax, it provides a banquet for fantasy lovers' - Publishers Weekly

'Colossal, staggering...Martin captures all the intoxicating complexity of the War of the Roses or Imperial Rome in his imaginery world...The writing is always powerful...' - SFX

Book Three - A Storm of Swords

'The Seven Kingdoms are divided by blood feud as winter approaches like an angry beast. The men of the Night's Watch prepare for the great cold and the walking corpses that travel with it. But a horde of hungry savage people steeped in the dark magic of the haunted wilderness is poised to invade the North where Robb Stark wears his new-forged crown. Robb's sisters are lost, dead or likely yet to die at the whim of the Lannister boy-king Joffrey. Across the sea, the last of the Targaryens rears the drragons she hatched from her husband's funeral pyre, ready to avenge the murder of her father, the last Dragon King on the Iron Throne. The richest, most exotic and mesmerising saga since The Lord of the Rings continues with A Storm of Swords.'

I think book three eventually got turned into two books but Im unsure what they called the forth one. Enjoy people.

4. The Hound

The Hound The Everlasting Scream

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A Feast For Crows is the fourth book and is almost completed.

5. Legend

Legend Made in NZ

Land of the Long White Cloud/Aotearoa/New Zealand
    Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Just found the names of the third book that got cut into two they are - A Storm of Swords - Steel and Snow and A Storm of Swords - Blood and Gold. I have the single volume, book three, A Storm of Swords.

6. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I noticed that in the book store and thought it was odd. I also heard book 5 will be called A Dance With Dragons. Is that correct ?