I was robbed at gunpoint!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GALADRIAL, Oct 23, 2004.

1. GALADRIAL

GALADRIAL New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    When I was growing up my grandmother had a house up-state in the mountains. I have 4 older brothers and 1 older sister. We would spend the whole month of August up there every year. My brothers would take me out into the woods and we would fire guns, rifles, & bow & arrows. As I got older my one brother is a Correctional Officer in the Philadelphia Prison System and would go to the shooting range and take me. Although I had fired many different weapons when I was younger, I started shooting a .25 Raven, then a .38 snub nose, then .357 4" barrel with .38 bullets and then graduated to .357 bullets which have a MUCH bigger recoil, then I practiced with a Gloch .9mm. I became profitient in shooting all of those weapons, but I preferred to shoot with a cylinder gun as opposed to an automatic (mostly because of the jamming of the bullets in the clip). When I returned from the firing range every week I would put the sheet targets in my front and back windows and wrote on them "NEVER MIND THE DOG, BEWARE OF OWNER" I thank God that I have older brothers that got me involved with knowing how to use a weapon and not to be afraid of them.

Like I said, I lived in a not-so-nice neighborhood, and I was twice shot at. Once was an accident (an ex-boyfriend who said the gun wasn't loaded AND IT WAS). The gun went off and I could literally see the bullet pass right in front of my eyes. The second time I was talking to my neighbor outside of my house and a guy drove by and unloaded an automatic at him, My first reaction was to duck and crawl underneath a parked car. So this home-invasion wasn't the first time I was involved with being on the "other side" of the pistol.

I don't think of myself as a "tough chick", but I was raised not to take S*** off of ANYBODY! I must have a guardian angel on my shoulder. But in all reality, I tried to put that OLD life behind me when I moved to a better part of town. But now I realize, no matter where you are, you can still be a victim of violence. My motto has always been that I wouldn't go down without a fight! And the WORSE thing about it all, is that a member of my family set the whole thing up. I think that hurts the most.

2. Jessehk

Jessehk The introverted

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

That is what I don't underastand.

your are saying your Nephew,( and he was not playing a proactical joke, etc) set you up to be robbbed at gunpoint?!

why would he do that?!

3. GALADRIAL

GALADRIAL New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    It wasn't my nephew who came into the house.....it was a newly made friend of his. My nephew told him about the doggie door, told him my dogs weren't vicious, told him that I no longer owned any guns, told him the layout of my home, told him that I keep my pocketbook on the floor right next to my bed, and told him that I own a business and that on Thursday night I get payroll together.

I am (now was) very close to my nephew, and I can't understand why he did this to me. Only thing he ever had to do is ask me for money and I would give it to him. But who can understand a mind of a JUNKIE!

P.S. Any by the way, he admitted to my sister that he had indeed set the whole thing up!
    And the number one rule was, that if he wanted to come and visit me HE COULD NOT bring any of his friends with him (I didn't want anyone to know where I live). If he came and visited me I would lock up all of my valuables and keep a sharp eye on him!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2004
  4. Cheesy Goodness

Cheesy Goodness The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    ...you're my hero :D

I should tell this story to all the rednecks around here that say "swords are stupid...guns are the best because i said so..." hehehe...

although guns can be useful, especially in this case

I don't know if I could trust the kid anymore...but thats just me

5. lair dragon smaug

lair dragon smaug Dragon's Strength

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    GALA, you know that old saying; You can pick your friends, You can even pick your nose, but you cant pick your family. It's a real shame that a family member would cause such a terrible thing to you. Trust is hard enough but when someone in your family does this it kinda makes you always stay on guard. I only wish I had the same nerve you had to react the way you did. As I said earlier you are the real hero in this. ;)

6. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Wow, you have so many amazing stories. You said you could literally see the bullet pass right in front of your eyes, god, that woulda been terrifying. And what happened to you neighbour ? Noone got hurt, I hope ?

• Like Like x 1
  7. GALADRIAL

GALADRIAL New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    No. The shooter didn't hit anybody! If there was a barn on the street....he couldn't have hit the broad side of it! There was five other people on the street. Good thing we all had quick reflexes.......and it's a good thing nobody tried to get under the car I was under. lol lol

8. Finiteinfinity

Finiteinfinity Proactive Lurker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow...just wow. That is the most crazy-brave thing I've ever heard anyone do. I'm glad you're alright, and I hope that idiot who had the gall to break into your own house to rob you at gunpoint gets what's coming to him.

9. joenavyret

joenavyret New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Aye....A sister of 4 brothers is the only thing that attributed to her standing up to that creep...many bouts of stuffing her in the clothes basket and rolling her down flights of stairs has paid off.....TOWANDA says she.......I would have paid a handsome bounty to see my ork sister wielding that blade in the wee hours, poor neighbors probably could'nt believe their eyes. Bravo to you sibling. It was a shame you did not plant that point in his arse, de-gunned him, and said "what say you" lol Be careful in the city of brotherly love sis..there a bunch of loons. Love Joe

• Like Like x 2
  10. GALADRIAL

GALADRIAL New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to thank everybody that posted a response :halo: To give you all an update. Nobody has been arrested yet. I guess the cops put it on the back-burner.

Again, THANK YOU EVERYONE, who has shown concern and support.

I just wanted everyone to know---LOCK YOUR DOORS AND WINDOWS every night. And be careful who you tell about what you own. Even family members. Cause you never know who you can trust!

And the most important thing.......keep a sword handy......JUST IN CASE!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Grabsteinkraut

Grabsteinkraut Good friend of John R.R.

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the advice.
    I hope it won't happen to you again

I'll get one too, very soon, a sharped and nice one :
    The Baron

Otherwise, i train staff fighting every day.

12. hatchet13

hatchet13 The Nasty Tusken

Top Poster Of Month

In the middle of the Dune Sea - Tatooine or Austra
    Ratings:
    +37 / 1 / -0
    Ha Ha ...thats hilarious. I love to hear stories about sukkaz like this retard getting their shit taken.
    But seriously , this person was lucky that they were dealing with an amateur instead of a true wrecker of lives and taker of stuff like me .
    Seriously, by the time this dopey bitch yelled , ' GET HIM !' , I already would have had her pocketbook ,her phone , her boyfriend Richs' teeth in my toof sack and the dogs scalps in a pocket.
    I would have left the the swords for them to use though . Fucking swords . Too fancy and flash for my liking . I'll take my hatchet over any sword any day cause it's a special hatchet made from 2 other broken hatchets I had lying around . Trust me it might not be much to look at but I reckon it has roughly the same smashing power as a cruise missile.
    Fuck i would have even nicked the doggie door seeing as though their dogs passed away in a tragic scalping accident