How old is too young?

Discussion in 'Every Day Debating' started by imagine99, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    Sexually mature =/= mentally able to handle the potential repercussions.

2. Raraldor

Raraldor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    thank you mububban ^^

3. Blackness

Blackness Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Irrelevant. If they're old enough to have sex, they have no choice but to handle the repercussions.

4. Mububban

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    What an awfully simplistic view of the world. I'm guessing you don't have children?

The body often progresses before the mind, which then has to catch up, it's the way of things. A toddler can learn to run before they understand not to run on the road. Seems a bit harsh to expect that toddler to have full understanding of the ramifications of his actions at that mental age. Same with this supposed "dad" who looks all of 8.

He got asked "how are you going to look after your baby financially?" He replied, "What's financially?"

Anyway, looks like it could all be a scam on the poor kid, who knows. I hope it isn't his, for his sake:

http://www.smh.com.au/world/13yearo...friends-family-friend-says-20090219-8bq0.html

God I hope my daughter doesn't turn out to be such a skank.

5. olivia_the_lamb

olivia_the_lamb Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    People disgust me.

6. Blackness

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Yes, a toddler can learn to run before they understand not to run on the road, and if they do, the consequences will be the same whether or not they understand them.
    I mean what are you trying to say? ''OMG that's horrible but there's nothing we can do about it so let's just be horrified at the prospect''?
    I always prefer the law of nature over the law of man, it may be simplistic, but it is so.
    A kid running over the road is natural selection, in a way, and raising the child of a 13-year old is the duty of society, not the kid, because society raised him that way.

7. clouded_perception

clouded_perception clouded_perception

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Dude. No. A parent's competence in looking out for their child has a stronger genetic component than an instinctive fear of cars in toddlers. That's what's going to be selected for, and that's what has been selected for, since long before cars were invented. Thus parents try to keep their toddlers off the road.

8. Blackness

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    And thus some toddlers don't listen.
    Some die, some don't.
    I knew i didn't listen to my parents, but either by luck or skill, i survived running over a highway at the age of 5... my stuborness outweighed my parent's competence, and i reckon they were competent.
    Either way, if it's the parent or the child in question, is it not natural selection?

9. Kaltrina

Kaltrina New Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    well as i know the world is starting to gett mad day by day..so many children i can say are having sex ...and getting pregnant...so badd...

for my opinion the right age to have sex is when you are consider as an adult ..
    i dont have much knowledge about sex..cuz..it doesnt matter./...anyway..

10. Mububban

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    Sex is great fun but it can be a destructive harmful force if done for the wrong reasons. I accepted that when I started having sex, if I got my girlfriend pregnant i'd have to man up and take responsibility for it. That's an easier thought to have the older you get, which is why I personally would advocate most people waiting until they are 16+

11. Killbot608

Killbot608 prototype killing machine

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    old enough for sex IMO is 16, old enough for kids depends on the people. I don't think i'll ever have kids, not unless the world sorts it'self out anyway, otherwise i'd love to.

12. EstuansInterius

EstuansInterius Ira vehementi

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Well, to be craftily ambiguous, I'll say that one should wait until one is emotionally and sexually mature. This usually isn't until adulthood; to many, this is the definition of adulthood. I think the ages you mentioned are probably too young. Besides, why would you want a kid? They take up so much time. A person should live their own life for a while before thinking about creating a new one. I won't say there's anything sacred about sex, but it's unwise to get involved with it before one can handle the emotions involved.

13. Killbot608

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    If you knew any of the people I know, you'd know that often there are no emotions involved, as long as a person understands sex and knows what they're getting themselves into they sould be able to do it.
    As for kids I think if you can handle it and one of your ambitions is having one then wouldn't having a kid be living your life how you want to?

14. EstuansInterius

EstuansInterius Ira vehementi

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I can't really disagree with you. It's just that what you've described is not always the case.

15. Mububban

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    I've always abeen a family person, I've always known I've wanted to be a dad, but even though I started having sex at 17, I didn't want to be a dad until 25+. Turns out I had to wait till 29, but that meant I was able to live my life how I wanted to, and have kids when I was emotionally and financially responsible to do so and look after her. I also don't feel like I'm missing out on doing other things, because I've done my travelling etc.

Of course someone can feel that they are ready at whatever age is right for them, but I'm sure most people if given the choice would not say that they want to be a mum or a dad at age 14-20.

16. Killbot608

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    yeah, i for one am happy to wait till 25. but there are people out their (in england it's mostly the chavs) who have kids at fourteen because they know nothing about sex they just think it sounds great.

17. ScreenXSurfer

ScreenXSurfer Better Than You

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    How old is too young? Any age prepubescent. Emotional and intellectual maturity is not marked by age, thus isn't a factor in my answer.

18. Killbot608

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    good point but im just generalising here, it shouldn't be done berfore 16 and generally i find that people are ready at 16

19. curunir's bane

curunir's bane Kwisatch Haderach

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I have my fingers crossed for age 40. I'll have to marry someone young.

20. Oeufa

Oeufa Cracked Egg

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Not necessarily. My aunt got married at 40 and had her first child at 41. She now has 2, ages 5 and 4, and the family seems to be very happy. Proof that you don't have to be "young" as such to have children. That said, I don't think she would have waited much longer to have kids

Search tags for this page

hoe to maek 48yer old women to cum fast

sexe ladies 48yer old