How do you beat the legendary fiend in Bikanel dessert in final Fantasy X-2

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy' started by Auron_51, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Auron_51

Auron_51 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I need help trying to beat the legendary fiend in Chapter 5 of Final Fantasy X-2 so if any one knows how to beat it answer me here please.
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2004
  2. Auron_51

Auron_51 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  3. Naomi Eboncloud

Naomi Eboncloud ~The Black Rose of Maiem~

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok, here's what you do (although this question was posted in November so you may not need it anymore...):

"Equip all of your characters with accessories that enable automatic Protect and automatic Reflect, or at least the ability to cast either spell. Consider having two of your characters as Dark Knights and one as an Alchemist. Mastery of these dressspheres is not required. For the benefit of the Alchemist, enter the battle with 99 Potions and 99 Hi Potions. Even then, make sure your Alchemist knows the Mega Potion Stash ability. It would aslo be wise to equip the Alchemist with Garment Grids or accessories that bestow abilities such as Auto Haste, SOS Haste, or the ability to cast Haste. Additionally, equip accessories or Garment Grinds so a character can perform White Mage abilities--especially Reflect.

Start the battle by casting Reflect and Protect on your characters as needed. The two Dark knights should perform every round, while the Alchemist mixes a Potion and a Hi Potion to achieve the effect of a Mega Potion. Even if the party seems to be doing alright, mix the Mega Potion anyway. The party must stay healthy every round, just in case Angra Mainyu performs Perdition's Flame, a devastating multi-attack that can cause up to 4000 HP damage to each character. Performing Darkness every turn, the two Dark Knights should be able to keep up the sidekicks, Tawrich and Zarich, KO'ed for most of the battle. Angra Mainyu cannot perform Perdition's Flame unless the two sidekicks are alive.

While Tawrich and Zarich are inactive, Angra Mainyu must waste turns to cast Full Life on its helpers, so cast Darkness even if the two side helpers are dead for the moment. Zarich has the ability to drain MP, so it will be difficult to cast spells for any purpose other than to reinstate Protect or Relfect spells. While Protect will reduce damage from Perdition's Flame, Relfect will protect your character from Flare spells that can cause 9999 HP damage. In fact, Reflect will bounce the spell back at Angra Mainyu, causing 9999 HP to the boss! Even if your characters are around level 70, winning against this boss can take a long time." (Brady Games FFX-2 Strategy Guide)

I followed these directions and my characters were at level 90. It took a very long time, but it was very easy following this guide. Although, at one point I stopped healing myself and just started beating the crap out of it and I was alright. So...try it out, okay? Hope it helps...if you haven't figured the thing out already.
  4. Ultima Weapon

Ultima Weapon New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks i havent beat it i haven't even really tried since i posted it so i will try it soon and i will let you know how i do. Thank you for answering you are the only one who has answered any of the posts i put out there regarding this subject.
  5. ranee

ranee New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    :ufo::ufo:same here what dressspheres to use? to beat the fiend in bikanel desert boss type (machina) it's poweerful and fast to counter after biweng attack.
    Last edited: May 13, 2009
Search tags for this page
beating the fiend in bakanel desert in final fantasy x2

bikanel desert boss ffx-2

ch 5 boss battle bikanel desert ffx 2
ff x 2 bikanel boss
ffx 2 how to defeat legendary fiend in bikanel desert
ffx-2 angra mainyu
ffx-2 bikanel desert boss
ffx-2 chapter 5 bikanel desert
ffx2 bikanel
ffx2 chapter 5 bikanel desert