How could Sauron have better handled things?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Luther_the_Great, May 19, 2006.

1. Foinikas

Foinikas Playing backgammon!

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -1
    Oh it actually took about 7 years besieging Barad-dur and there were many sorties and attacks by the besieged and many losses on both sides.But in the end the siege was so fierce that even Sauron himself got out(and I agree that he was very well depicted in the movie and the armor and all was awesome)and he fought with Gil-Galad and Elendil fought against him.Gil-Galad died because of the wounds of Sauron.Sauron's hands were very hot,almost burning.Elendil died too but Sauron fell too and with the broken Narsil,Isildur cut Sauron's finger,the one with the Master Ring on.

Before the movies I had a very vivid picture of this whole scene in my mind.I imagined both Elendil and Gil-Galad fighting against Sauron at the same time,together and Sauron either having a sword or mace,it didn't matter to me,then grabbing Gil-Galad and throwing him away,his throat all burned by Sauron's hands and then fighting with Elendil some more.Then I imagined that they both clash their weapons and although Elendil is killed and Narsil breaks,Sauron falls or stumbles or whatever and Isildur takes the sword and chops off Sauron's finger.

Well the movie version was a bit different.Lol! :p

They just showed Elendil getting a slap.

2. Ser Land

Ser Land New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    It is the fact that he is a sort of "ghost" that makes Sauron such a villain. In Morgoth's absense, Sauron is the "Big Evil". And in response to the OP, balrogs respond only to Melkor. In fact, Gothmog, the Balrog captain, was highest in hierarchy than Sauron was.