How can the Orcs be so easily killed?

Discussion in 'J.R.R. Tolkien / Lord of the Rings' started by Ganesh Ujwal, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Ganesh Ujwal

Ganesh Ujwal New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Orcs can be slayed with very little effort even by the un-warrior humans, despite their fully developed figures, average-to-tall heights, muscular bodies. (See The Hobbit series, where a dwarf would dive into a herd of orcs and come out un-wounded and killing most of them). What could be the technical explanation?

2. GrimWarlock

GrimWarlock Daemon Prince of Tzeentch

Ratings:
    +100 / 1 / -0
    That the might of the plot shield guards the good guys. duh

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Overread

Overread Wolfing it up! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +342 / 1 / -0
    Orcs slew many.

The important thing to realise is that the films and the books focus upon a tiny number of elite warriors within the world - these are the best of the best (or in some cases protected by the best). We focus less upon the orcs, we don't see their heros and champions who charge into battle. We focus more so in the story upon their defeats whilst their victories (which are many early on) are away from the primary events of the story.

The orcs are not as smart as men, but their main weakness is more a general distrust and warlike hunger within themselves. They tend to fall into in-fighting (in a literal sense) more easily and are not even above eating each other

4. AlphaAlex

AlphaAlex Official Forum Nuisance

Ratings:
    +311 / 3 / -0
    I know it's stupid. "I'm an Orc and ill run into a swinging sword without attacking.. Maybe I'll win because I'm built twice as strong as those hummies?" ugh. *be-headed*
    okay yes in the books/movies the good guys are the best of the best warriors. However, the orcs are portraid as complete dimwits that cant tell the difference between left and right. Ok, yes in some fantasy, they are dumb. However, they are also fantastic warriors. In the LOTR they appear as an army of brainless zombies.

Still, it's a fantasy story. That's all I can say. Perhaps they have goldfish brains in LoTR?

5. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    Pure movie convenience. Having worn armour, getting whacked in the torso when you're wearing mail and a breastplate means zero damage with a blade. You'd need a concussive weapon like a mace or axe. But then the movie fights would be far slower and the heroes would die and who wants to see that? :)

6. AlphaAlex

AlphaAlex Official Forum Nuisance

Ratings:
    +311 / 3 / -0
    That's a good point.
    Movies however are lame for the fact of appeasing the audience.. This is why I despise super hero movies.
    In LOTR, if a hero get's hit in his Armour, it protects him but if said hero so much as sneezes on an orcs armour, the orc dies lol :p

Search tags for this page
how are the orcs killed so easy in the hobbit
lotr orcs easy to kill
orcs are easy to kill
orcs easy to kill
why are orcs in the lord of the rings so easy to kill

why are orcs so easy to kill

why are orcs so eiselly killed
why are the orcs in lord of the rings so easy to kill
why are the orcs so easily killed
why do orcs die so easily
why do orcs die so easily tolkien