homosexuality in textbooks (studying literature)

Discussion in 'Every Day Debating' started by anonymous, Apr 14, 2013.

1. anonymous

anonymous the king

Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -3
    for the new-er generation it`s nothing, but old people hang out there, and we have honor guard guarding them; and some of the pride member took lets say "naughty" photos with these honor guards(that was not COOL), and it pissed off many people (about the Monument of Freedom);

About the monumet of Victory, it`s in the honor of those who fell when the Russian "liberated" Latvia from the Germans, and Russians just go mad when even a little thing touches their monument, and they said that it will no to be tolerated.

- result was russian gans threw poops at pride members.

And to avoid futher provocation they forbid these parades.

About schools and kindegartens- i am not sure how pride parades are in other countries, but here they are pretty flashy - so in order to avoid the damage of small child psyche it was forbid to go near education facilities.

The pride parade here is as aggressive as opposition to it...

it would not be a provocation if they just walked pass them..but as I said, they did some bad things along it.

2. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1

Actually, I never really thought of it in quite that way before... but yeah, we humans have bucked the system and many of the things we do aren't in line with Nature, and must be completely unnatural compared to the animals we share the planet with.

3. Dreamscaper

Dreamscaper Royal Hamster Wrangler

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -0
    At its base, I would think a book written about a gay topic or by a gay author should be perfectly fine, if the work meets the requirements otherwise to be taught in that course. Given the flood of new reading material shown to promote homosexuality I kind of doubt the reason is a side-issues and is rather an attempt to force the ideals of the school board, which I am very much opposed to. When it comes literature things like homosexuality, gender, race, and religion is completely and utterly irrelevant to the work and the work should not be considered based on that, but rather its content alone unless the work is for a specific purpose (ie. You wouldn't read a book about Aboriginal Creation Stories in a class about the Pentateuch).

I completely support having classes based on religion in a social sciences setting, go over all of the main ones and call it a day. We spent a week on them in one of my history classes in high school, just a general overview and no details whatsoever, but it was something. Of course, being humans mean that the teacher is most likely overly bias and won't bother trying to hide it from kids who probably can't tell the difference anyway and we'll just keep up the rate of pumping incompetent bigots out of the school system. Hell, I took a college religions course and wanted to shoot the professor for being a bigot and being nauseatingly obnoxious about his viewpoint. Did not go back to that class.

4. Lajvarporr

Lajvarporr New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What do you mean "help"? It sounds like you think its a bad thing that needs help?

5. JNK

JNK King of tards

Ratings:
    +138 / 4 / -2
    about "parades"... I don't go around advertising my "bed life"... and none of us do (well maybe sparrow a little :D sorry just kiddin' :D) ... so I think lgtb' s should not as well... and it's not even a matter of prohibition or allowance.. I think it's just a matter of self respect....

On the other hand I still do not get what bisecs are "fighting" for... Adultery is not OK for heteros... (or is it now?) so my logics is that bisec could choose one person he wants to spend his life with... and according to that be either homo or hetero... otherwise we should make having both husband and wife (so 3 person family a norm)... it's fine with me, but then just being on the fare side, we should make having 5 (10, or whatever you choose) wives OK as well... That's my view on this thingy... unless I'm missing (misunderstanding) something...