'Hobbit' comic

Discussion in 'User Created Art' started by Patkun, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Patkun

Patkun Patkun, lover of bread

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Has anyone read the 'The Hobbit' graphic novel?
    I have, and I felt it severely lacking, especially as I had planned to adapt the book for some time before reading this inferior comic.
    I plan to continue with my project, to prove that I can.
    At the moment I'm only in the planning/sketching stage. I'll have to change some stuff to make it more visual, and more suited to the issue format. these are all I have thought of so far:

*Each Dwarf needs a distinct personality-- they are often referred to as a collective in the text.

*Bolg, son of Azog needs to be more prominant, as he is involved with the end of the story.

*The goblin/Dwarf wars could be discussed in greater detail, most likely by Thorin, who fought in them.

Do you think I should make it so that it would correspond to the films (Sting & Glamdring, what a goblin looks like, dwarven architecture, etc.)?
    I would appreciate any thoughts anyone has on this subject.

2. Patkun

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ok, fine, so nobody cares. Does anyone know how to delete a topic?

3. Nynaeve

Nynaeve <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    It's not that I don't care, I've just never heard of it! I think it's good that you want to make something better though. :)

4. Patkun

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm... Maybe the folks in the Lord of the Rings section would be able to help more.

5. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Forsaken

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Ive heard of this comic, but I havent read it yet. I was going to buy it online, as well as purchasing The Hedge Knight comic. Good luck with your project, if you've got any art you should scan it for us, so we can give our input.

6. Patkun

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'll see if I can get my scanner up and running. Right now the most important thing is to work the story out.. despite being one of the best books ever written, it needs a little messing around before it can be a graphic novel, arrogant as that may sound. The guy who made the other one didn't seem to understand that-- he just copied out long sections of the book, with very static-looking drawings. The Hobbit deserved better.