Highlander 5

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by kartaron, Nov 29, 2004.

1. kartaron

kartaron Hunter / Gatherer

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    In line with earlier rumors Moviehole is confirming that Australian-based director Brett Leonard - whose pics include "Virtuosity", "The Lawnmower Man" and the upcoming "Man-Thing" - has officially been signed to direct the next instalment in the "Highlander" series.

The fifth "Highlander" movie is going off in a slightly different - note : fresher - direction than the previous movies. For starters : There's no Connor McCloud (Christopher Lambert).

Titled "Highlander : The Source", it's rumoured to tell the story of four new charismatic Immortals as they quest to locate the Holy Grail of their world.

Leonard's proved he's got a knack of movies with a strong visual presence, so this should be his cup of Darjeeling.

The most profitable of the "Highlander" series to date is "Highlander : The Quickening" (1991) which pocketed $15,556,340 all up.

IESB.NET

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=6228

2. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    Oh god. Let's hope this movie doesn't stink like the last one did. It's such a cool universe wth so many great opportunities for action throughout the ages, but they keep screwing it up!

Fingers crossed but expectations very, very low.......

3. Turambar

Turambar Harebrained Staff Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    hmmm... I didn't even know there was a fourth. Even the third was already like... bad in comparison to the first. If you ask me, it only went downhill from the original movie. This can't be good...

4. kartaron

kartaron Hunter / Gatherer

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    The fourth was like a television episode played in a theater. Yes it was pretty bad.

5. CB Swords

CB Swords Forum Administrator

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I really liked the television series. The movies were always so dark and often melodramatic, the TV show actually had daylight fights. I liked the series and Adrian Paul a hell of alot more than Christopher Lambert. Just by looking at them Adrian Paul looks so much more the warrior. My favorite character was Methos though, pessimistic and practical.

The most recent movie I thought was too much like the other movies and not enough like the TV series. They also messed up the character of Duncan and made him inferior or subservient to Connor at the beginning.

Although the last season of the TV series was kinda stupid too. Everything leading up to and post the death of Ritchie was poorly planned.

In anycase all the movies, including the first one, have had really campy bad guys. They need to stop that.

6. The Lone Swordsman

The Lone Swordsman New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I agree, the TV series was far better than any of the movies. If anything it has mostly been the storyline that has made the movies bad (along with the acting and campy villans). But Sean Connery was good in the first and second, in fact he litterally makes those movies at the very least rentable, as do the sword fights. I think there was also an animated series on teletoon a while back... that wasn't too bad, at least it had a good story line!

7. Cjg

Cjg New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh, Yeah...I forgot about the cartoon. Didn't take place in the future? I sort of remember robots and spaceships in the toons.

I liked most of the last season of Highlander. McCloud killed the evil dude and all the evil he possessed went into McCloud. Then the evil McCloud killed Ritchie. McCloud comes to his senses and regrets killing his best friend. It's a bit sappy, but I thought it was cool.