High Ranks

Discussion in 'General' started by Liadan, Apr 16, 2006.

?

High Ranks?

Poll closed May 16, 2006.
  1. Yes, I want "High Ranks"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, I do not want "High Ranks"

100.0%
  1. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Some time ago, K'shar and Met mentioned the possibility of "High Ranks" within the Create-Your-Own-Rank. I disagreed for two reasons: 1) If someone's only RPing when they say they have authority, and the "lesser-ranked" disagreed, there might be a fight and the mods would get involved, which I'm not interested in. 2) If I set someone "above" another person, it's almost inevitable that someone, eventually, will complain and say that they know more than the other person does.

State your arguments here and discuss "yay" or "nay" for this. I'll make a decision based on what follows, but if there's even a little trouble should the "High Ranks" win, that goes out the window. Fair?

I've also posted a poll for this with TWO CHOICES. There are no "maybes," because I want a clearcut decision. If it's a tie, then we'll keep discussing it, and if you're not certain about a decision, do NOT vote until you're certain.

This poll will be closed in 30 days. It's also a public poll. I'm not voting.

2. Renzokuken

Renzokuken You have failed this city!

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    No, I do not want High Ranks, for reasons stated before.

Creating your own rank is available to you when you have passed every other test given to you. So its a privilage given to you, acknowledging that you're a brainy little aSoIaF addict. :p If and when I reach this stage, I want a rank that is exclusive to me personally, as I came up with the idea, therefore, "creating my own rank". I understand some people will not be happy with that, as they might want the same rank. But I don't know what to say to those people. If I come up with a rank, and am proud of it, why should I have to share it? Theres been talk of "hollow ranks" and whatnot, but like I've said before, I don't see it this way. I'm afraid this is a situation where not everyone is going to be happy.

I might have caused offence with this response, and if I have I'm sorry, but I stand firmly by my stance.

3. Plish

Plish Soul Sailing Psychonaut

on mountain of fire, waiting for the ash to guide
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    Well...I don't think there should be any High Ranks...But I think if someone wants to be an expert on something and someone else has a private rank specific to that, you should be able to create another title, yet still be an expert on tha subject....For example...If I wanted to be an expert on the Nights Watch, yet Ice has claimed Lord Commander of the Nightswatch, I should be able to create another title pertaining to that subject...Only an example btw :p

4. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Oh, of course. There's nothing stopping you from claiming a same area of interest, so you could be something like First Ranger on the Wall, if you wanted to be an expert on Wall/Wildlings. I'm sure that we could come up with enough similar ranks. :)

And Renz, I understand your stance. I just want to finish this matter for once and for all, which is why I brought it up.

5. Appaliq

Appaliq No One

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I don't think there should be high ranks just because it's not that big of a deal. Really. Plus, how many of us are there? 8 maybe? Do we really want to squabble amongst ourselves (Kshar, don't answer that)?

6. K'shar

K'shar Darth Pumpkin

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    yes i want to squable amongst ourselves. mwar har har. and i don't care one way or the other if we have high ranks or not. if anyone is that anal in trying to one up somebody then they can just give themselves the title and pretend they're better. i think i'll start calling myself the Grand Master of ASOIAF. heh heh

7. Liadan

Liadan Insert Title Here

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    Doesn't make it true. ;)

8. K'shar

K'shar Darth Pumpkin

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    :spam: