`Hi, I make my first post here`

Discussion in 'Every Day Debating' started by Turambar, May 21, 2006.

1. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Well if you post crap like this, sorry but it gives me the impression you're not trying very hard yourself either...

Anyway as long as noobs stay on topic, I have no problem with them. Ok they might post once or twice in forums like this, but best is to ignore it. You might consider it spam, and we have a spam section, but nevertheless you'll always find spam across the forum from time to time. (Hey even what happened at the God thread was just all spam) So best is just to deal with it and move on.

2. anonymous

anonymous the king

Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -3
    agree Turumbar..

3. chimera_789

chimera_789 Queen of Air and Darkness

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    When I joined initially it was because a friend was a member and I had so much fun reading the debate section I wanted to join in. That being said there are a vast number of debate forums out there and I don't participate in any others really; I joined this forum because I liked the fantasy community angle and I felt like it was a common ground that mattered to me and sort of wrapped us all together regardless of our disparate views on debate subjects. Since joining I have also posted in various other sections regarding music movies books videogames, etc., even spam. So for me it's a community experience. And while I realize it might have been a little jarring when I just showed up one day in the debate section, at least I didn't flame and run as anyone who knows me knows I'm given to longwindedness more often then not. Sometimes when I'm really busy with school or work or whatever I won't post for awhile maybe even a couple of months, but I always come back. I think noobs are great so long as they get the whole "debate" concept and spend at least a litttle time reading some back posts for well covered topics.

4. ScreenXSurfer

ScreenXSurfer Better Than You

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Debate is the most interesting forum on any board.

[​IMG]

Why are you feeding him? His comment doesn't even make sense, considering this thread was made in '06, and you joined in '04, a year before Foinikas who joined in '05. He is trolling you for a big laugh. Just remember, you extended the olive branch first

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  5. Killbot608

Killbot608 prototype killing machine

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    thats a good point, if stay in the fantasy areas names become more and more familiar, but if you go into spam and discussion there are so many people you've never heard of.

6. Jingojolene

Jingojolene Wayfarer, heartlander

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I'm a Newbie and I came here for the fantasy but I thought it was pretty cool that there is a subforum for debates, it helps you to express your opinion and get to know others' opinions regarding the fantasy world, but I do think all the totally non-fantasy-related debates are going a bit too far... they do belong in thedebateforum xD

7. ~Elladan~

~Elladan~ A Elbereth Gilthoniel

Ratings:
    +225 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps those who like fantasy also have opinions on other issues? That's why there's a sub-forum for debates. If you want fantasy specific debates (movies, books, major series etc) there are threads for that too. If the forum was so focused as to preclude all non-fantasy discussion it wouldn't have much of a membership :)