Hi guys! Care to help me out?

Discussion in 'The Scribe's House' started by Prince_Kheldar, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Prince_Kheldar

Prince_Kheldar Beard Lover

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Hi! Long time no see!

I'm writing an advent calendar for my folks! It's about a garden gnome who got left behind when the rest of the gnomes went to southern lands for the winter (Norway is cold in the winter time), and he wound up with a bunch of Norwegian farm gnomes (fjøsnisse in my language. They're a thing.).

Aanywho, it's all about Christmas and Norwegian advent traditions and such. But I'm beginning to run out of Christmassy ideas, and need some themes and Christmassy/adventy things for my gnomes to do.

Any of you guys have any fun traditions for me?

2. Firiath

Firiath Halfling barbarian

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    I'm not really good at Christmas...ing. These are the traditions I know:

• picking, buying, and decorating the Christmas tree
    • baking biscuits
    • going to Christmas markets, drinking mulled wine (or gløgg) and eating sugared almonds
    • not Christmas, but on St Nicholas' day (6 December) we put our boots outside (or, if you live in a bigger city and don't want your boots to be stolen, into the hallway) and the next day there's candy or presents in them
    • Secret Santa
    • singing Christmas songs
    • eating until your stomach bursts (never understood why people do this)
    And that's pretty much all I know. Looking forward to reading what others can add. :D

3. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +251 / 3 / -1
    Since it's a Garden Gnome, he should invite creatures you commonly find in the garden to Christmas Dinner... lizard, frog, robin, grasshopper, spider, etc... you could have it get out of control when robin looks at grasshopper as a tasty treat.o_O

4. AlphaAlex

AlphaAlex Official Forum Nuisance

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -0
    then A flying spaghettii monster should come to ruin christmas but a 3-eyed monkey alien should throw beer at it to drown it and the gnome should then suck up the left overs through a straw cos christmas is all about happy times.